New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

97 SS Police Interceptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Default 97 SS Police Interceptor

I just bought a 97 SS Police Interceptor. I only had it two days before the transmission went out. I had a crack all the way around the bellhousing and pieces falling off. Long story short I don't know what happend to it and I'll have it back by Wednesday or Thursday.

Not sure how many horsepower my car has but it has a hotcam, dual flowmaster exaust, and a K&N. I'm having a new transmition installed as we speak with a HD shift kit and a Corvette piston.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:39 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: 97 SS Police Interceptor

Welcome to the forum, you wouldn't by chance have any pics would you? We love pics here.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
4th Gear Member

Almost all Police Carmaros were RS models with RPO B4C and NOT SLP SS models.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:30 PM

Well I'll be the first person to admit that I don't know much about cars so he might have sold me something that wasn't what he said it was. But I loved the car enough in the first two days to decide to fix the tranny and seriously considering getting a paint job next spring.

Here is the ad that he posted on craigslist.org when I bought it.

"For Sale for $6800 obo or trade for Harley

This is a very rare, 1 of 370(according to "
http://www.camarosource.ca") 1997 30th anerversary edition t-top camaro SS B4C.

It was a STATE TROOPER INTERCEPTOR in massachusetts. It has the original police 303hp LT1 350 and extra wide tires, they use them cause it can bury the needle on the 160mph spedo, no SH*t. In addition, it had a Hot Cam, pollished alluminum valve covers and MONSOON sterio system put in once in civilian ownership. It also has all of the SLP high performance suspension, brake, engine and body components still on it from factory SS assembly including the awsome SS functional RAM AIR HOOD! Car runs and looks great, Inside is perfect, never drag raced, it was was proffesionally redone, not a hack job, inside and out after the state sold it to the public, including a new dash, new paint and body work all around to fix any holes left from lights etc.($3500!ouch) car is always stored in heated garage, I also have all the SLP documentation and a car fax for you to look at showing massachusetts police,no accedents and routine dealer maintanence. so other then the high performance mechanical items, interceptor badges were put back on, 160mph spedometer, larger alternator, lockable gas cap and safety lug on each wheel, there is no damage left from the state trooper use what so ever. The only damage on it, is there is some minor clear oxidation on one of the rear quarter panel. i was planning on having the qurters painted to fix the oxidation once and for all, but i would have to raise the price So i am offering it for sale before that incase anyone wants it at the discounted price. I will be posting pictures soon, email me for direct send. Price is $6800 Or Best Offer, which is unfortunatly the same blue book for a NORMAL CAMARO SS! I would Trade For a good condition Harley if interested
she's my baby, but need money for rent. i get allot of calls, but first money takes it.
thanks guys
"

Old 12-07-2008, 09:47 PM

Anybody have an estimate at how many horsepower it'd have?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:31 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Very nice find.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:10 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Welcome to the forums. Any pics of the interior?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Looks like a nice car, hate to hear about the trans though. I'd like to hear how it performs after the trans is back in action. Welcome to the Forum.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:06 PM

I heard back from the mechanic earlier and it turns out my trans didn't go out at all. A screw from the rear seal fell out and got caught in there and caused the bellhousing to break.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:47 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Good to hear. Cheaper than a new trans.

Quick Reply: 97 SS Police Interceptor