New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

97 Salvage Yard Rescue

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Default 97 Salvage Yard Rescue

Steve here,
I've been fixing up old cars since the 70's. My first was a 57 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe I paid 140 dollars and a new 8 track tape player for it. I've done restos and refurbs, about 30. Right now I've got a 59 Buick Convert, a 50 Hudson Coupe, a Ratty 57 Ford Sedan Delivery that I probably won't ever get to. A 92 Mustang Convertible I've put a Thunderbird Turbocoupe drivetrain in and now this.
https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/...UJBHPfRs0VP_C7
I've had my eye on it for about a year and when I took a closer look at it a couple weeks ago it was starting to fill up with water. I couldn't let the thing rot into the ground so I made a deal and brought it home. Originally a six and a manual, (I know I know) the drivetrain is gone but it is nice and straight with good glass, and the doors don't sag and the hood and hatch fit well. It's even got good tread on the tires. That being said. I haven't owned a Chevy since my last five seven back in the day so I know nothing about these except for what I've read lately. My son and I enjoy working on cars. When he was 12 we converted a factory natural gas crown vic into a conventional gasoline car using a wrecked CV as a donor. So we don't mind a challenge. Son says we should cross our fingers and hope we run across a wrecked Z28 for a drivetrain. I want to put new foams and covers on the seats and get rid of the musty smell from the water. So does anybody know where to get the seat cushions?