LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Ypipe Fitment LT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Default Ypipe Fitment LT1

how well do the pacesetter EGR\AIR headers and ypipe fit in a 95 z28?
will i have to relocate the stock cat and would there be any welding involved?
i live in South Florida and havent seen any laws requiring an EGR.
so then my next question would be is it just better to get race headers(no EGR/AIR) and just bolt on some block off plates.
im going to hopefully do this in my driveway and expect to have my car incapasitated for up to two weeks max.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

from what i have read they should fit fine. should also get er done in a weekend. egr is a easy fit, the air may take a couple adapters.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
4th Gear Member

Buy them without AIR and EGR. It's so much easier to install

I too am in FL but clicked the wrong Pacesetters. When they arrived I figured what's the harm, how hard could it be. The silly appendage for EGR on the header gets in the way. Yes, it fits but without it, installation is simpler.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate this. My dad is skeptical about me taking off my eve and air but ill try to convince him for the sake of an easier install. hopefully ill be able to do this either this summer or sooner. Anything I may need other than percys seal4good and o2 extensions. Iv also read around a bit and iv read that to keep the driver side header from touching anything is to get a slightly taller motor mount or bending the header down a little. Any one prove or disprove this?

Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by everydayskid
Thanks guys. I appreciate this. My dad is skeptical about me taking off my eve and air but ill try to convince him for the sake of an easier install. hopefully ill be able to do this either this summer or sooner. Anything I may need other than percys seal4good and o2 extensions. Iv also read around a bit and iv read that to keep the driver side header from touching anything is to get a slightly taller motor mount or bending the header down a little. Any one prove or disprove this?
the post i made that craby stickied covers it. And, please tell dad that I am a dad who removed the egr/air from the Z that junior drives. Cat delete was also performed in favor of an off road y

Old 04-08-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
the post i made that craby stickied covers it. And, please tell dad that I am a dad who removed the egr/air from the Z that junior drives. Cat delete was also performed in favor of an off road y
Iv read through that and removing your cat in fl is illegal apparently. Would the off road y pipe from pacesetters accommodate the cat or would a different ypipe or moving the cat be needed

Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by everydayskid
Iv read through that and removing your cat in fl is illegal apparently. Would the off road y pipe from pacesetters accommodate the cat or would a different ypipe or moving the cat be needed
I live in Florida!!

there are no emissions tests. For that matter, there are no safety inspections

off road y to your 3 inch cat back system such as magnaflow will bolt right up with a bit of cutting to one pipe.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I live in Florida!!

off road y to your 3 inch cat back system such as magnaflow will bolt right up with a bit of cutting to one pipe.
its still illegal lol

Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 AM

I live in Florida!!

sweet deal, sounds good. now its just a matter of saving up for all the parts and whatnot which isnt too hard. ill post pics of the project when i start it.