LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

tornado amazing performance booster yah!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default tornado amazing performance booster yah!

havent posted much in a while, so i thought id post this link for you guys to either laugh at or offer your thoughts on so here goes

http://www.jcwhitney.com/tornado-per...p2005683.jcwx#

Old 03-07-2010, 01:49 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Only JC Whitney.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

ive never heard of 'em until my friend bought an LED third brake light from em today for his jeep is it just an over all sh*t company or what? i noticed they also STILL sell tape decks.....

any thoughts on this "performance/mpg booster"? i know all those guarantees are usually a crock but any fuel economy i can save would be nice

Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
2nd Gear member

Man, my dad is kinda stupid on stuff like this. He bought me two and one for all of his cars. The only car it actually did help was his 92 lincoln with a 4.6 in it. He actually picked up some mpg. My 93 z28, it did nothing to and it dont add any power either. Unless you have a 4.6 ford engine and want to pick up 2mpg, dont waste your money. I also put it in my 92 ranger and it didnt help either. I think they are a bunch of BS.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jjz28
Man, my dad is kinda stupid on stuff like this.
LOL. thats like how my dad is with computers, he believes everything he hears. "whats this? a free virus scan from freevirusscanforfreedidimentionFREEE.com? well **** I could always use a free virus scan." *computer dies* "what? it was a f**kin virus scan what happened????!?!"

Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by imalixZ28
ive never heard of 'em until my friend bought an LED third brake light from em today for his jeep is it just an over all sh*t company or what? i noticed they also STILL sell tape decks.....
any thoughts on this "performance/mpg booster"? i know all those guarantees are usually a crock but any fuel economy i can save would be nice
You never heard of J.C. Whitney, and you're in Chicago? "Everything Automotive", and they've been around since 1915. I've been to the store a couple of times before, but usually mail order from them. For the longest time they sold mostly a lot of no name brand stuff, but now carry a bit of name brands as well. They used to have a sister company "Warshawsky & Co.", and put out an identical catalog, just by a different name. Hey, who better to compete with, than yourself? Doing that is an old Jewish business tactic (no offense, just sayin). They simplified things years ago and did away with the Warshawsky name.
After you get that "tornado" thing, then buying one of their fuel line magnets would be a nice finishing touch. I can't tell you how much better your car will perform once you line up all the molecules in the gas. Ha, ha...yeah right!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I never thought to look for any giant part stores besides the usual autozone or napa. I usually order my stuff through my local muscle shop Modern Muscle or from Summit. Having been to the store is it a decent place to shop for parts? their website kinda makes me think not seeing as how their website says EVERYTHING fit on my 1994 camaro lol but obviously if theyve been around since 1915 they must have something goin good for em.

ill be sure to get one of these fuel line magnets, they seem pretty legit. Might pick up some tin foil too and cover my car in it, seeing as how tin foil reflects the sun and solar deflection makes your car not only gain 20 horses GUARANTEED but also gives it a cool space-ship-ey look to it. lol

btw Camaro 69, what track do you go to? i know theres rt 66 then another in geneva, i head rt 66 is pretty pricey and has a ton of safety restrictions though..

Last edited by imalixZ28; 03-07-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

It's pretty much a warehouse store. After looking through the catalog, I was unimpressed with the store. But I was sort of expecting to walk into a "Warehouse 13" type of place. They have some items out on shelves, but it's actually smaller than going into an AutoZone. If you're looking for something, you either ask for it at the counter or find it in the catalog, then take it home with you (unless it's a special order item).

Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Droid

Many years ago I was assigned to work in Chicago. Having plenty of time to waste, I went to visit the JC Whitney store. Not much of a place, and if remember correctly it had a chewed up wooden floor. I used to order weird parts from them on occasion. Sometime in the 70's they declared bankruptcy and never got my order or a refund, even though they remained in business.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Pete, that was the Warshawsky store you were in then. Back when they had two companies, Whitney was strictly mail order. From what I remember, Whitney didn't go into bankruptcy, only Warshawsky did. I think they pulled back out of the hole, but that was the start of them having to lean out and later dissolved the Warshawsky company. And if you do an online search for Warshawsky & Co, JC Whitney will pop up.
By the way, about 4 years ago I bought from them a Heart Throb brand full length 3" exhaust system with welded chambered mufflers (can't tell them from Flowmasters) for my Camaro. Pipes exit between the leaf springs and the fenders, and the system fit! Cost was a not too shabby $300.

Quick Reply: tornado amazing performance booster yah!