LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

possibly a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Default possibly a problem?

I am having a problem with the ABS inop light. When the light is on everything seems to be fine. But when the light is off. When I start braking it acts all jacked up. I can be stopping to pull in a driveway and the Low Trac light comes on. Then my brake pedal starts vibrating really bad. Then it feels like the car is about to die. The ABS fuse in the box has been removed. The fuse box with the large black ones with the prongs like on a plug for a cord. Can I get a new ABS "fuse" if so how much would it cost?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: possibly a problem?

thats a relay not a fuse first off,I went to schucks.com and found one for a 95 t/a for 21.99 in under a minute.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Overdrive Member

I have to ask this, as a few others have had this problem and it ended up being the problem. Are all the tires the same size?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:37 AM
4th Gear Member

he clearly said hes missing the ABS relay.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Overdrive Member

From what I read, was he was having problems, then removed it. Sound like he was wondering why he had problems before he removed it. The light shouldn't be going on/off with it out.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 AM
4th Gear Member

oh well maybe i misunderstood him then.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:57 PM

i will look into purchasing one then if it is that cheap. And yes you are right it is a relay...my bad...and it was never there I didnt remove it someone else did. I was just wanting to know if that is more than likely the problem. on a side note I was wanting to know if its a bad thing that my car is on speed density mode. not MAF. I know it should be MAF but its not. It was changed by a guy that I know with a program. Should I have it turned back? I think I should because my Service Engine Soon light comes on from time to time. When I go to work I drive interstate approx. 20 miles. if I drive in 6th gear at 60 mph it comes on. But when I drive at 70 mph it doesn't come on. Then if it does come one I drive a little faster for about 10 miles and it goes back off. I think that it may be related to speed density mode.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Overdrive Member

If the car is in Speed Density mode more than likely it's running in open loop, which probably means it's running much richer than it needs to be. If it is in fact a tuning issue I would have it set back so the car meters off the MAF not the MAP.

As far as your ABS issue goes, replace the relay and see if that fixes it. If the ABS INOP light just stays on you may have a bad wheel speed sensor.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 PM

ok thanks. I will get it put back to MAF. And the abs inop light has stayed for several days and so has the service engine soon light. I have been thinking that it has been running much richer than I thought that it should be. But earlier I went to stop and park in a driveway and low and behold the low trac light came on. It felt like I had no brake pressure then after a few seconds it came back. I am absolutely clueless.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Overdrive Member

Well Spartan, I guessit was me whomisread his statement. Though he never answered my question about if his tires are all the same size.

Quick Reply: possibly a problem?