LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

lt1 on 4 cycl

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default lt1 on 4 cycl

had to start a new thread for this one....

my fresh rebuilt lt1 is running on four cylinders. i put my laser heat gun on the drivers side headers and all hot as f#$k. the passenger side...room temp. of coarse once the block heats up the passenger side gets as hot as the rest. i have spark on all 8. i have great fuel pressure.

what is going on? no codes to say anything about the 4 not working. i only know carbs. would it make a diff if i have the passenger side injector wiring harness mixed up. i labeled em when i took it off. but who knows...what else in the fuel rail can i check?

u wouldnt believe how the great car idles with only 4...crazy.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

thripple check, your fireing order and make sure u have the plug wires in the right order.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member

checked and rechecked. but plugs are dry on pass side.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

need to pick up a noid light so u can see if u are getting a signal from the computer to the injectors on that side. i dont know if u can get just the one anymore, i had to buy a set. the other thing to look at and probly first is the 02 sensor on that side. if its faulty and telling the computer there is a high fuel mix then it will shut down the enjectors on that side. if this is the case then there may be no signal to light up the noid light. at least that is what i would think. u shoud be throwing trouble codes, scann it and see.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay if u havent run off to pick up a noid light check the fuses in the fuse block juntion, black box, its under the hood on the driver side. there are two fuses for the injectors. #9 is for the passenger side and #10 the driver side.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

haha crapy ur pretty smart! broken (corroded) wire underneath that box. wire was for the fuse labeled injector. spliced a new piece in and holy sh%t!!! she fires on all 8 now! i musta broke it as i ran the wire for the elec w pump. she sounds incrediable. hope i didnt do any damage running on 4 cycl idleing and driving it to the gas station that night. never took it over 3k rpm yet, gotta break her in.
it did throw a code tho. code 36. as i went from 1st gear to 2nd she almost completly died. revs dropped imediatly as if i turned it off. the site ive been using is http://www.gmtuners.com/OBD1_DTC.htm. that has 3 listing for 36. also gets pretty hot almost red line in traffic before the fan kicks in. fine on the hwy. not real worried bout either of them right now and ill research and start another thread later.

thanks so much for all the help on this build double d. much appreciated. mi.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:41 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

allright back on the road. they all run a little on the warm side. could be a dirty or bad temp sensor (on the water pump) or temp gage sensor (on the block). gage could be off.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice one craby ! Good Stuff to remember.