Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   LT1/LT4 Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/lt1-lt4-tech-9/)
-   -   Looking at a '94 Z28 Should I buy it? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/lt1-lt4-tech-9/looking-94-z28-should-i-buy-63012/)

Kubs 07-01-2011 09:16 PM

Looking at a '94 Z28 Should I buy it?

6 Attachment(s)
I looked at a '94 Z28 today, and it looked very good. The asking price is a little high I think, but the car looks immaculate and well cared for. It has 126K miles on it and he is asking $6K. It is a 6 speed with a new clutch and flywheel, Kooks headers and flowmaster muffler, Hurst short throw, K&N CAI, new opti, MSD coil, recently new brakes, new tires, SS chrome wheels, and comes with the OEM 16" wheels with good tires as well. Thoughts?

Attachment 25430

Attachment 25431

Attachment 25432

Attachment 25433

Attachment 25434

Attachment 25435

Grandpaswagon 07-02-2011 09:07 AM

Does the seller have receipts for all of the work that has been recently done?

If he does, I might offer as much as $5000, but not go much more than that.

A lot depends on how much these cars go for in your area, and overall mechanical and exterior condition. Don't forget how motivated the seller is. Do some research and see what cars are actually selling for in your area.

craby 07-02-2011 10:34 AM

first of all a guy does not put all the hp add ons to go slow. you need to check the car really close, if the car has been run hard the motor, tranny or rear end may have issues and should be looked at extra close. how long has it been on the market? dont get hooked on having to have this car, look around and see what else is available and compare. i would say offer 4500 and let him set for a day.

Chaotic94 07-02-2011 04:17 PM

Around here a car with that mileage and that is that clean would go for 5k - 6k

Kubs 07-03-2011 08:53 PM

all the work was done by a shop by him. It has been well maintined and looks clean. The only mods are the exhaust and CIA which he did for sound.

Red94z28 07-03-2011 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kubs (Post 549671)
all the work was done by a shop by him. It has been well maintined and looks clean. The only mods are the exhaust and CIA which he did for sound.

Personally for me, modifications tell me about the owner. Flowmasters for lt1 or even ls1's for that matter sound like crap. Either he got that because he wanted a cheap way out or because he just wanted to improve sound...secondly i dont think those are true ss rims. Those look like replicas to me.The center cap of real GM wheels have a bowtie. Not only that but they should have something embossed on the rim. Also check that shifter i know people just get a hurst shift stick. Also i would have to have proof on the mods done. If he has no receipts at all i would call bs. I paid 3600 for mine and i didnt check it over and coulda got it for less than 2500. I serisouly suggest you do some research of problem areas of the lt1 camaro. For me Ive personally come across Broken center consoles, Cracked dashpads, no headliner, ****ty aftermarket radio and speakers, wrong sparkplugs, cheap spark plug wires. I personally would not give 6k for that car. I wouldnt look at an lt1 now a days for more than 3k knowing what i know now...

Also check for rust in the rear floor pans and anywhere else for that matter. Being an ohio car theres bound to be rust somewhere.

Catmaigne 07-04-2011 12:41 PM

He's about $1,500 to $1,000 too high. I got my '96 Z28 M6 with 80,000 miles, t-tops, leather, factory chrome shooters, and 1 previous owner for a tad under $5,000 from a small time dealership. His mods don't really add up, especially for that mileage.

Kubs 07-06-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Red94z28 (Post 549681)
Personally for me, modifications tell me about the owner. Flowmasters for lt1 or even ls1's for that matter sound like crap. Either he got that because he wanted a cheap way out or because he just wanted to improve sound...secondly i dont think those are true ss rims. Those look like replicas to me.The center cap of real GM wheels have a bowtie. Not only that but they should have something embossed on the rim. Also check that shifter i know people just get a hurst shift stick. Also i would have to have proof on the mods done. If he has no receipts at all i would call bs. I paid 3600 for mine and i didnt check it over and coulda got it for less than 2500. I serisouly suggest you do some research of problem areas of the lt1 camaro. For me Ive personally come across Broken center consoles, Cracked dashpads, no headliner, ****ty aftermarket radio and speakers, wrong sparkplugs, cheap spark plug wires. I personally would not give 6k for that car. I wouldnt look at an lt1 now a days for more than 3k knowing what i know now...

Also check for rust in the rear floor pans and anywhere else for that matter. Being an ohio car theres bound to be rust somewhere.

I dont think there is anything wrong with a Flowmaster. I think it sounds great. I know they are not true SS rims, but the SS style. They could also be called corvette grand sport, ZR1, or CE wheels. All the same style. Also, they are 17x9.5 and I believe the SS wheels were 17x9.

The shifter is definitely a shorter throw and has a notchy feel like the Hurst one in my Vette. He has all the old parts, including a new computer tuned by PCMforless. I know he his not lying about the mods. KBB on the vehicle is 5K in excellent condition and I think this one qualifies. I ended up buying it for $5800. All the Z28s in my area in the 3-4K range need a good bit of work and this one needs nothing. I dont mind paying a little more to have something I can just get in and drive instead os work on. I dont doubt there are better deals out there, but in my area this seems to be a pretty good car for the money.

Guitar 07-06-2011 12:29 PM

I think immaculate means different things to different people...

torque_is_good 07-06-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kubs (Post 549671)

I'd stay away from anything relating to the CIA. Even the FBI is questionable. Deal with your local police if you must

what.....he wrote it first