LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Input with Elliott's

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Default Input with Elliott's

So ive been day dreaming and looking forward to the day sometime here this fall when I can get some head work done with Elliott Port Work's...so this is for any of you who have gone down this path...

What were the results that you experienced with this work done? Im really pumped about it and want you guys to continue to wet my appetite...And if you could mention the cam that the offers that you guys included with your package that would be great, thats the big part of the decision that im trying to decide... thanks again guys!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Overdrive Member

I haven't had any personal experience with him, but I've only heard good things about it. From what I've gathered Elliott will port the heads and grind a cam depending on the application you want and how much money you give him. Call and talk to Elliott and tell him what you want out of the car and he should be able to prescribe the correct package for you.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i don't believe anyone here has gotten any work done with lloyd. i guess what you want to know can be answered by me for the most part. assuming the cam is the same, the difference in heads is about 10rwhp each(rwhp=rear wheel horsepower). if i remember right, your car is an automatic...which basically means you won't put out quite as high of a horsepower as a manual car just because your tranny will eat up some horsepower(don't get discouraged, you'll still beat most manual cars unless they can shift faster than your automatic). that said...lloyd will tell you to get the best heads you can afford. LE3 heads are probably a little too much overkill for a stock cubed motor...so LE2 would be great for you. assuming you get the 228/235 cam, i'd say you'd be looking at right at 400rwhp. keep in mind...that's assuming you have all the proper bolt ons such as headers, exhaust, cold air intake, gears, and stall...

for my build...which is going to remain a secret for the most part, i'll be going quite a bit more extensive from lloyd and hoping for quite a bit more rwhp...you really can't go wrong with lloyd. do yourself a favor...email him or call him. let him know what you want and what your goals are and he will set you up perfectly. great guy and LOVES talking cars

Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 PM

Whammer...my car is a 6spd so im glad that i wont lose any HP from an automatic...I was looking at the LE2 package and wanted to get the cam that was what is recommended for a stock rear end so from the website I think it would be the 226/230...You mentioned gears and stall what does that all entail and what would you recommend, what is stall even?

I was thinking if I had everything apart I may as well put a new clutch in being as there would be more HP? But I dont know much so Im going to base most of my decisions off your guys understanding...wow you guys know a lot thanks! p.s. ISU spring fball started today! New coach new life right? haha i wish

Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

ugh...i had this whole thing typed out here and my internet froze...awesome. here we go again...

stalls(torque converters) are for automatic cars so you dont' have to worry there. i'd recommend getting a stronger clutch for your car. its not a necessity, but i'd recommend it.

the 226/230 cam would be a very solid cam for your car. keep in mind...any horsepower numbers anyone gives you is assuming you have the proper bolt ons such as headers, y pipe, exhaust, cold air intake...the stock gears in your car are probably fine.

do yourself a favor, send an email to lloyd at nighttrain66@msn.com and let him know what you want. he will set you up perfectly.

ISU has a football team? i guess i didn't know that, lol

Old 03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

DUDE!! A word of caution!! Whammer is only 9 years old and is only copying info he found on another thread!!! He uses his daddys computer!! May not even be to your application!!! You're grounded little whammy!! Go to your room!!

J/K U no I luv u man!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i'm 9 years old but i'll beat your ***...lol. sorry for the language...its a quote from talladega nights

Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 PM
3rd Gear Member

He's a violent kid too. Must be from all of the foster homes he's been in.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Overdrive Member

I know it's a quote...

I'm not trying to stifle the fun, but try and keep it on topic Runner. I love to joke around, but if you're going to make a post in the tech sections I at least ask that you post one thing that's constructive to the thread. Thanks bud!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:36 PM
3rd Gear Member

Yessir *bows head and walks away*

Quick Reply: Input with Elliott's