LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 PM
2nd Gear member

Looks good, I especially like how the wheels and calipers came out.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Well thank you! You have a sweet Z I see too.

So it ends up being all gusty today and too much dust so I did the lights here. Maybe tomorrow I can get them down. So is the blue too much yet? lol

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sslites5.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sslites.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sslites2.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sslites3.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sslites4.jpg  

Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes the SS badges are black trimmed in blue too!

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssfenderemblem.jpg  
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear member

I don't think it's too much blue. How hard was it trimming around the badges? I just painted the bowtie on the back of my car and taping it off was irritating, lol. Oh and what paint did you use for the calipers, I was looking at a G2 kit but I don't know anyone who has used it.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by montecarlogrrl
I don't think it's too much blue. How hard was it trimming around the badges? I just painted the bowtie on the back of my car and taping it off was irritating, lol. Oh and what paint did you use for the calipers, I was looking at a G2 kit but I don't know anyone who has used it.
No, I took the easy way since I'm not that steady of a hand or patient.
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm
got them here and just had the color combo I wanted made up. They look just like the wheel ones I used actually other than the size.

I just stripped them down and sprayed on an Hi-temp manifold paint with clear on top. I'm adding the Camaro script in white on them too, hopefully it will hold up to the road and heat.

Here's the stripe kit I/m trying to put on if it's better tomorrow (in blue though of course) : http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/stripes.htm
hopefully get something of this effect:

Record, new windshield yesterday at 3PM, quarter sized chip in it by 3 PM today...

Last edited by Raingler; 03-06-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS
All SS Camaros start out as Z28's and were then sent out to SLP for modification.

Congrats on your SS. Welcome to the SLP Club.
Actually GM did do their own SS with the RPO code WU8 and then if the vehicle went on to have the SLP enhancements it would have the RPO code of Y2Y and SLP stickers. I'm not sure what exact years they did this, but apparently it was done in 01 as my SS is a WU8.

Last edited by adam86107; 03-06-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Well here are some quick pics as the stripes dry! I'll do some more tweaks and have real pics from the shoot in about two weeks. Thanks for checking this little project out!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Couple updates happening on so thought I'd update this thread.

Radiator light kicked on dash, seems that one fan is completely inop even jumping past the relay so I'm thinking it's a bad motor. New fans on the way, hopefully that's it. I jumped one fan to just run whenever my foglights are on (yeah, I'm adding to the redneck Camaro image, sorry! lol) But it's doing fine for now, but the light on the dash is still on. Any input is perfectly fine here.
Ordered up the new GM dash, hopefully as easy as it looks to be to replace it and some drilled n slotted rotors that should look a lot better.
I'm about to order a new set of interior leather as the upholstery shop says they can replace the few worn out panels but the rest will be deteriorating over the next couple years and out to just be replaced. I'm looking to install the whole front and back w. shifter boot in white with Pacific Blue center inserts to keep the "SS" strip look going through the car. Anyone have experience or a good link on leaning the hog ring plier action for the Camaro?
I've got a drive shaft U-joint making some grumbling and my first oil drip started to gotta climb under it anyway... lot's to do rescuing this neglected girl but she's already starting to turn some heads as is.
Couple new pics here:

Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Brakes, electric fans and dashboard, is it almost done yet??

Old 09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Time for the infamous "what to do next" part!

So going pretty good now that I've had this car for a year now. Got most the issues fixed and the body and paint to my satisfaction (she's a hi mileage driver/fun car, not a show car for sure). Recently installed Magnaflow cats and Pacesetter mid tubes and thinking would like a bit more GO to her. The engine was rebuilt professionally just before I bought her and is smooth but just barely puts you in the seat, would like some more passing power; especially when on the highway.
She's got a vibe I can't find at 90 and above, someone told me they thought the axle mount to transmission would be the cause and suggested some Global West parts to cure that. I've done the wheels, tires, U-joints in the driveshaft etc. Opinions?
Also what to do to get more power? A used Procharger? some 4:10's? What would you suggest for my next 3K upgrade round?
I also gotta figure out what they did during the rebuild, curious why the intake is red, that might have been changed out maybe?

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-img_0003.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-img_0002.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-img_0001.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-img_0004.jpg  

Quick Reply: going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?