Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   LT1/LT4 Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/lt1-lt4-tech-9/)
-   -   Fpr (https://camaroforums.com/forum/lt1-lt4-tech-9/fpr-70945/)

numskull223 07-28-2012 10:40 PM

Fpr

Ok, I have went thru everything on my Z28, and I finally came across an article about bad FPR and I have every issue they discussed....So whats a good one to replace mine with, mines an accel.

craby 07-29-2012 06:01 AM

i went through a few different kinds before settling for this one TPiS, Inc. had no problems with it

numskull223 07-29-2012 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by craby (Post 636551)
i went through a few different kinds before settling for this one TPiS, Inc. had no problems with it

Thanks. Here is what I read for some Symptoms of a bad regulator, see you you agree;

Car turns over more than normal to start up

Low fuel pressure reading with flooding,

Flooding

Blackened S. plugs

gas in vac. line

With engine and switch off, pressure doesnt hold.

I have every Symptoms but the vaccum line. 1st time I fire it up for the day, it will spin over several time then fire up then shut off, then It will fire up on the 1st rotation and be fine...
My FP gauge shows 25-30 lbs running and as soon as I shut it of it drops to nothing fast.

Ive replaced everything except the regulator.....so does that sound like the issue?

craby 07-30-2012 01:55 AM

mine was doing the drop to 0 in less than a minute deal, i went through several regulators, to test to make sure it wasnt the fuel pump i used a pair of vice grips and some card board to block the return line. double folded the cardboard over the return line to protect it and used some wide flat vice grips to clamp it off. then pressured up the system using the jumper wire and watching the gauge to make sure i didnt over pressure it. i slid the fuel line sleeve down to expose fresh (i figured more flexable) fuel line by the firewall. pressure would hold untill the vice grips where released. tried a holley, accell, summit and stock, tpis was the first one to work right. now it holds the pressure for a while, still drops but holds for a couple hours.

craby 07-30-2012 02:00 AM

my stock setup accually ran better with the pressure set low, like 34-37

z28pete 07-30-2012 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by numskull223 (Post 636671)
Thanks. Here is what I read for some Symptoms of a bad regulator, see you you agree;

Car turns over more than normal to start up

Low fuel pressure reading with flooding,

Flooding

Blackened S. plugs

gas in vac. line

With engine and switch off, pressure doesnt hold.

I have every Symptoms but the vaccum line. 1st time I fire it up for the day, it will spin over several time then fire up then shut off, then It will fire up on the 1st rotation and be fine...
My FP gauge shows 25-30 lbs running and as soon as I shut it of it drops to nothing fast.

Ive replaced everything except the regulator.....so does that sound like the issue?

25 to 30 PSI while running is about 10 PSI too low, and the fuel pressure should drop slowly when the engine is shut off. It could be a defective check valve in the pump, a bad regulator, or a leaky injector. Try priming the pump in the morning by turning the key on & off several times before attempting to start. If now the engine starts right up and keeps running, it is a sure indication that there is an internal fuel leak.

numskull223 07-31-2012 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by z28pete (Post 636700)
25 to 30 PSI while running is about 10 PSI too low, and the fuel pressure should drop slowly when the engine is shut off. It could be a defective check valve in the pump, a bad regulator, or a leaky injector. Try priming the pump in the morning by turning the key on & off several times before attempting to start. If now the engine starts right up and keeps running, it is a sure indication that there is an internal fuel leak.

Will do.

But I have already had the injectors serviced, so I know its not that...fuel pump....Well I have 2 bad there...lol One only runs when the nos is active tho. but I have the flooding issue tho. I had a guy look at my tune and data logs and he said as far as the tune Im good, but its rich for sure....Ive replaced vac hose, checked everything for leaks, and nothing.....This is that last thing I could come up with.....But it runs little a beast...Scare my brother in it today...lol

numskull223 07-31-2012 08:36 PM

Just thinking about something. Do i have to use the LT1 fpr. can I just use a universal fpr for fuel injection?

craby 07-31-2012 09:00 PM

to fit without modifications yes you need to use one for 94-97 lt1.

craby 07-31-2012 09:01 PM

woh,,, your sig is there, then its not