LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Click... click wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:55 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

pick up or borrow a noid light to see if the injectors are getting juice from the ecu telling them to work. part # w85101 if u can get one. i had to buy the whole set.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:13 PM

and by the way... so you are cirtain that only the AC and Starter are the only two things to click under the hood... what if there is a click( clicks immediately when turned to on position, not start ).. what could possibly be going out.. because i know its not suppose to click.. lol.. and sometimes it doesnt even click at all, and just reciently it died again, when i tried to start the car it did a series of 4 irratick clicks in the on position... i have a funny feeling whatever is clicking is causing all my problems..

Old 08-16-2009, 02:19 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the fuel pump comes on when u turn the key on. u need to clean (use wire brush) the terminals and wire ends at the battery and at the juntion box, its on the passenger side by the battery. its red and should have battery and other wires coming to it, also clean the ground juntion wire ends, its in the same area.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:49 PM

ill do that.. they looked pretty clean when i looked at them last. i was also reciently informed of a run relay, where is that located? i also put my head next to the gas tank and heard the pump lol. havent changed the filter in three years also so ill do that too..

Last edited by interceptor_willy; 08-16-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

im seeing a starter enable relay, its assoiated with the vats and says its to the right side of the supplimental inflatable restrant bracket behind the instrument panel. im lookin for a picture.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

up under the passenger side dash on the door side of the glove box. theres two there one is the hatch opener relay the other is the starter enabler relay.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:42 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the parts book calls it a theft deterrent relay and show it as closer to the pass door. both the relays have the same part # 12077864

Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by craby
the parts book calls it a theft deterrent relay and show it as closer to the pass door. both the relays have the same part # 12077864
but would that relay being out cause the motor to crank and not start, and also die suddenly (while driving) (or parked) (at any speed and RPM )?
thanks for the holding my hand through all of this! haha! i am really ignorant as to the whole electical of a vehicle.. i am use to the more mechanical side than electrical.. ur awesome man!!
I have decided i am going to get her back on jack stands and systematicly check all the electrical parts with a volt meter and make sure all my grounds are grounded right and everything is in order.

Last edited by interceptor_willy; 08-16-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by interceptor_willy
but would that relay being out cause the motor to crank and not start, and also die suddenly (while driving) (or parked) (at any speed and RPM )?
thanks for the holding my hand through all of this! haha! i am really ignorant as to the whole electical of a vehicle.. i am use to the more mechanical side than electrical.. ur awesome man!!
I have decided i am going to get her back on jack stands and systematicly check all the electrical parts with a volt meter and make sure all my grounds are grounded right and everything is in order.
your right it would not turn over. man. lets see have u changed the ignition modual yet? mine went out in my first camaro and it would drive me nuts. id get three or four miles down the road and it would die. i would find a toe home and come back and it would start right up.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:00 PM

The ignition modual is 3 years old. i have also have some weird encounters with that distributor and have been looking for a distributorless ignition system convertion kit. is there one out there dd??

Quick Reply: Click... click wont start