LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Air Foil

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Air Foil

I took the stock intake elbow off my 93 Z'sthrottle body the other day to change the thermostat and found an air foil behind it jammed cockeyed in the elbow. After i was done and went to reassemble the elbow i found it very hard to get the elbow over the throttle body with the airfoil in the end of it. I had the clamp completely loose and the foil in the right direction. Is there a trick to getting it all back in there correctly?? The foil is not attatched to throttle body it just sits there. Is that right?? The guy I bought the car from never mentioned the air foil so it was kind of anice surprise!

[/align]

Old 02-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Air Foil

That is something new to me, it may be some aftermarket thing.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I guess I'll justhave to mess with itsome time. I just left it out for now. I think its weird that it is not attached to the throttle body.

[/align]

Old 02-16-2007, 11:57 AM
In the Staging Lanes

What my summit racing catalog says about the airfoil: It smooths out the air coming into the plenum. The lack of turbulance increases airflow and hp throughout the powerband. 48.39$

Old 02-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Droid

The air foil you are talking about gets screwed to the front of the throttle body, never heard of one sticking inside the air elbow. Unless, whoever put it in didn't have a clue where it was supposed to go.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

"Unless, whoever put it in didn't have a clue where it was supposed to go. "

I'm pretty sure thats what was going on LOL. I just wasn't sure if it was supposed to be screwed on or not. Obviously they didn't either. Do they utilize the stock throttle body screws or what?? It has i believe three holes-- two on bottom one on top, if i remember correctly.(It is your standard air foil just like the ones sold in Summit or Jegs for the LT1 throttle body.) Thanks for the help!

[/align]

Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 AM
In the Staging Lanes

To be honest the air foil installs with a long skinny bolt with a nut on the back side. This nut on the back side is not a part of the throttle body and is added in by taking off the top plastic part held on by 6 torx bolts. When you pulled the air foil out you should have had (1) Air foil (1) Long skinny bolt and (1) Nut for said long skinny bolt.

If you dont have the nut its still flopping around in your t-body. If you take off the plastic cover you should see it in there. At that time you could put it back in and tighten it up. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks sellc. I gave up and threw the thing in the garbage. It is not the right one for the LT1 or something. Someone along the line rigged it up inside the intake elbow. The car will probably run better without it jammed in therenow LOL. Maybe it was one fora TPIand they thought it would work???

[/align]