LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

95 lt1 camaro turns off

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 95 lt1 camaro turns off

hey guys, my camaro once again turned off on me in the middle of traffic. i was accelerating and all of a sudden the rpm's went down until it died. it took me about 10 mins to turn it on. can someone help me out? i'm already tired of my car. it is the biggest piece of crap i ever bought. it's so unreliable.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear member

I would have a shop see if it pulls any codes.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:40 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

moved you to the lt1/lt4 section, get it scanned for codes if you can. check fuel pressure, check for spark. could be a number of things.

Last edited by craby; 03-26-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Droid

Most likely an electrical problem that kills the spark, fuel, or both. Happy hunting.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by z28pete
Most likely an electrical problem that kills the spark, fuel, or both. Happy hunting.
yes i know for a fact that its an electrical problem because i turned it on later at night and i could see a small spark under the alternator. thaanx alot.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
moved you to the lt1/lt4 section, get it scanned for codes if you can. check fuel pressure, check for spark. could be a number of things.
i know for a fact that my car has an electrical problem because i see a tiny spark under the alternator. also my voltage meter detects low voltage. its a little bit in the red. do you have any idea what it might be. i would appreciate it. thanks.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

check the gound under the belt tensioner.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:11 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jerry95lt1
hey guys, my camaro once again turned off on me in the middle of traffic. i was accelerating and all of a sudden the rpm's went down until it died. it took me about 10 mins to turn it on. can someone help me out? i'm already tired of my car. it is the biggest piece of crap i ever bought. it's so unreliable.
I also have a 95Z which I bought, worked on and gave to my son. It fires up every morning, runs like a clock and i would drive it cross country. It was not that way when purchased but I understood that the age of the car would reveal gremlins that needed chasing. Most are due to wear and tear and little problems being ignored by prior owners. Your issue could be as simple as a connector to as large as ignition problems.

Nobody can tell but your mindest must be correct. The vehicle is 16 years old so you can't expect it to be reliable as a 2 year old car until you've chased items, replaced/repaired them and you will get to the point of where I am with my 95.

I know that I'm not providing you with the "magic bullet" to kill your current problem but you need to eliminate the obvious to find out the problem. That is basic troubleshooting but your state of mind is the best tool that you can have. You made a conscious decision to have a 16 year old vehicle. Now you must treat it as such and deal with these issues until you get it to be reliable which it will be after time.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
I also have a 95Z which I bought, worked on and gave to my son. It fires up every morning, runs like a clock and i would drive it cross country. It was not that way when purchased but I understood that the age of the car would reveal gremlins that needed chasing. Most are due to wear and tear and little problems being ignored by prior owners. Your issue could be as simple as a connector to as large as ignition problems.

Nobody can tell but your mindest must be correct. The vehicle is 16 years old so you can't expect it to be reliable as a 2 year old car until you've chased items, replaced/repaired them and you will get to the point of where I am with my 95.

I know that I'm not providing you with the "magic bullet" to kill your current problem but you need to eliminate the obvious to find out the problem. That is basic troubleshooting but your state of mind is the best tool that you can have. You made a conscious decision to have a 16 year old vehicle. Now you must treat it as such and deal with these issues until you get it to be reliable which it will be after time.
yeah i know i was just do frustrated when i wrote that angry comment. the car has given me so many problems and it always takes all my money. im currently in college and its very difficult to keep up with the car's needs. but Thanks. you know what kind of shop would diagnose my car's problem. is there some one that specializes in electrical problems? cuz i know for a fact that i have an electrical problem.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by greenmachine96
I would have a shop see if it pulls any codes.
the weird thing about my car is that it doesnt pull any codes. everytime something is wrong with it the scanners never detect anything

Quick Reply: 95 lt1 camaro turns off