LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

383 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 383 stroker

I need some help guys i have a 1995 lt1 procharged with 8 lbs boost ready to go 383 stroker with it what are the best parts to get but not to expensive such as crank, cam, rods mains, pistons, bearing are were is a good kit i can bye any help would be great thanks

Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: 383 stroker

so you want cheap but good? good luck with that. check out www.advancedinduction.com and look at their rotating assemblies. you're probably going to have 5 grand in a quality motor buiild

Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i was looking at 4340 forged steel rods 4340 forged steel crank and a hydraulic roller comp cam .531 intake .568 exhaust but dont know if it will work

Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i looked at the Ai Pro-Series Forged 383cid LT1 Rotating Assembly Package: will that work with the stock heads ar will i have to get new ones and what type of cam do you suggest thanks

Old 11-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Overdrive Member

It should work with the stock heads, a 383 just increases the stroke of your 350, technically all you need is a 400 crank (read: it's good to get the full kit). As far as a cam, that's going to be the hardest part of your build to choose, it depends on the heads you have, your compression, displacement, rpm range etc. etc. Your best bet it to get a head/cam package that's fit to your needs. Contact one of these guys, they should be able to help you out:

www.dragonraceengineering.com

www.elliottsportworks.com

I don't know how much Lloyd Elliott deals with forced induction, but Dragon Race is big on it in the LSX category, I'm sure either one can help you choose a good cam and a nice set of heads to go along with it. Be courteous and if they give you the specs for a custom cam grind pay them to grind it and send it to you even if it's going to be more than going with a Comp Cam generic grind. They spent the time with you to design your cam, the least you can do is pay them for their time.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Style Definitions table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:"; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Thanks for the info im located in st. louis mo where is llyoyd located. I cant afford new heads right so im tryin to go with the best kit with most power with the stock heads and i have been thinkin bout this kit what do u think. All i have is the 8psi procharger with slp headers with a y-pipe with a electrical dump switch no cat with a borla exhaust system
Ai Forged 383cid LT1 Rotating Assembly Package: Compstar Forged 4340 3.75" Stroke Crankshaft Compstar Forged 4340 H-Beam Rods Mahle Forged Pistons (-5cc, -16cc, or -26cc) Mahle Plasma-Moly 1.5/1.5/3mm Ring Package Mahle Steel Pins & Wire Locks Main and Rod Bearings Included Internally Pre-Balanced by Callies/CompStar! and its $2096
What i also need is what kinda of cam would be best with this application thinkin bout a hydraulic roller comp cam. But not sure on which would be best. I want it to sound nice at idle, but i also want it to work right with the setup. Ant more info would be great thanks.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:07 AM
2nd Gear member

save your money and do it right,do not go cheap on a motor it will only come back to bite you in the A$$.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Overdrive Member

Honestly you would probably get more power out of purchasing a head/cam package instead of stroking the motor. If you have your heart set on stroking and getting a cam, you can just get the stroker kit and a blower cam from Comp Cams, but it's not going to be your optimal setup.

Cheap, Fast, Reliable

You get to pick two.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

you can call advanced induction and talk with them about what would be the best setup for you. we're not building your motor so we can't really tell you what is going to work best with your setup. you need to talk to the people that will actually be working on it. i'd call lloyd elliott though, he's in texas. www.elliottsportworks.com

Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
3rd Gear Member

i agree with all them no point in stroking a motor without doin heads and cam. id call or email advanced inductions after lookin at there site and send one email to them i realized there wat i need for my stroker build this winter they hav alot of cars making alot of power with there 200cc cnc'd package and will grind u a cam with that package just whatever you do dont skimp on internals especially valvetrain. i set my budget for the engine at $4k and thats changed to however much i hav to spend to get quality parts at a good price. since ill be sprayin mine with alot of juice i dont wanna go cheap the last thing i want is a problem after all that work. and dont forget drivetrain lik the rear and trans.

Quick Reply: 383 stroker