Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   LS Series Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/ls-series-tech-15/)
-   -   What is this plastic stuff. (https://camaroforums.com/forum/ls-series-tech-15/what-plastic-stuff-65111/)

greycon88 09-27-2011 11:03 AM

What is this plastic stuff.

1 Attachment(s)
It's a bag that came with my car...
Has some hard pieces of black plastic inside of it.
& a warning sticker to wear an approved motorcycle helmet and protective gear on the side.
Can't find anything regarding it in the OM.
Picture is below.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to add a retractable hardtop to a 2001 ls1 camaro ss?

Cheeks 09-27-2011 11:06 AM

looks like the t-top bag to me

as for the retractable roof, anything is possible with enough money, but I'm not sure why you'd want to?

greycon88 09-27-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cheeks (Post 574249)
looks like the t-top bag to me

as for the retractable roof, anything is possible with enough money, but I'm not sure why you'd want to?

Make my stereo/subs sound better. I've already soundproofed with dynamat and added an EQ to the mix, but nothing beats hardtop sound.

Are you saying this would make my car like t-top or what?

Cheeks 09-27-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by greycon88 (Post 574252)
Make my stereo/subs sound better. I've already soundproofed with dynamat and added an EQ to the mix, but nothing beats hardtop sound.

Are you saying this would make my car like t-top or what?

no, I'm saying that is the bag you would store your t-tops IN whenever you take them out. Sometimes there is a spot in the trunk for them, sometimes they came in a bag

BudBrown 09-27-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cheeks (Post 574255)
no, I'm saying that is the bag you would store your t-tops IN whenever you take them out. Sometimes there is a spot in the trunk for them, sometimes they came in a bag

and sometimes you meet a nice guy on a forum and decide to send this bag to him without question...

Camaro 69 09-27-2011 12:08 PM

You sure that's a t-top bag? I don't think so. The 4th gens (as mine did also) have a spot to lock the tops into the well, unless somebody took those mounting rails out. Even so, the t-top bag in my 3rd gen wasn't shaped like that, and it didn't say anything about requiring the use of a motorcycle helmet and protective gear on it either. ;)
That must be a motorcycle related accessory bag, that the previous owner left there.

BudBrown 09-27-2011 12:18 PM

more pics?

libertyforall1776 09-27-2011 03:56 PM

That the bag of plastic covers for the convertible to cover all the openings and claptrap when the top is down. I have not put mine on my car once yet -- kind of a pain to put it on and take it off all the time.

Camaro 69 09-27-2011 04:09 PM

^ But why do you have to wear a motorcycle helmet and protective gear as the warning label on it states?
It can't be that dangerous to install the convertible cover!

libertyforall1776 09-27-2011 10:04 PM

:icon_denk: Sounds like there's a cheeky monkey to me! :icon_werd:

Mine doesn't have that sticker, but the bag is exactly the same -- velcro strip and all...

Originally Posted by Camaro 69 (Post 574330)
^ But why do you have to wear a motorcycle helmet and protective gear as the warning label on it states?
It can't be that dangerous to install the convertible cover!