LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Looking to spend big money on my LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Looking to spend big money on my LS1

Alright check this out I'm looking to spend around 15000 on my car here pretty soon. What I want to know is what would be the best suspention, performance and braking upgrades. I'm looking for a low ets and great handeling. I already have a supercharger or a turbo in mind but I don't know which one is the best for the buck and for a stock inturnal LS1. I'm debating weather or not to just rebuild the bottom end and making it low compression or just run a low boost.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Looking to spend big money on my LS1

If your looking fo low et's and a turbo or SC, you should really consider rebuilding the bottom end. You will also need a 12 bolt or 9 inch rear, and you really should get rid of that 6 speed, they are not a good trans for dsrag racing, if you want to stay a stick look into a TKO 600. An SC is going to be cheaper than a turbo , unless you are a good fabricator and can peice together a turbo system.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I would prefer to stay with the stick one because I love driving standard and two cause I want to do some course racing so I know its more of a benifit to have a standard. But I want to know is what would be the best supercharger/turbo out there I've been a fan of vortex but I've heard there not that good so I want to know whats better. Plus what braking systems like brembo,willwood or bear. And suspention tips will help

Old 09-09-2006, 10:46 PM

Ive never seen an F-body road race before....that would be kinda cool tho

good luck

Old 09-10-2006, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

thats why I want to do it cause I haven't really seen one eather.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Droid

It is very difficult to get a good drag racing car to also be a good road course car. The suspension set ups are very different for aech application. Also, if you have a hot cam, you amy wind up hating a 6 speed in everyday driving, especially in heavy traffic.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

If worse comes to worse I'll buy an automatic out of a junk yard and rebuild it for the drag racing days. I'm just looking to get a universal car (I guess you can say it that way) I don't want to dominate on both tracks I just want to compete to see which still of racing I like the most then choose from there. Besides I put some more thought into it and decided to get another motor that way I can build both set ups for each race. One for drag on for street. My uncles got a shop with all the necessities to make it possible I just need the time.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:32 PM
4th Gear Member

You do know that going from auto to manual (or vice versa) is not that easy and requires the swap of the engine harness as well as a different tune in the ECM?

Old 09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya but that dosn't bother me. As I said I have all the tools to do it and I have plenty of time thank good I have a good job that allows me to do what I love

Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If you can do the weld work (in the shop) just buy yourself a turbo, computer (to control the A/F ratio), fuel system yadda yadda yadda and do the plumbing for the turbo. Same concept as the supercharger, but if your gonna be on the circuit it'll be better cause you can stay high enough in rev's. Super would probly be better for a dedicated drag car, as you'll have the instant boost. I'm a personal fan of the Turbo, but do whatever you find out is best for you.

Quick Reply: Looking to spend big money on my LS1