LS Series Tech 1998-2002

im lookin into buying this camaro...what do u guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Default im lookin into buying this camaro...what do u guys think?

nood here

im tradeing off my 2000 dakota for this guys 2002 camaro and i was browsing the site and i like what you guys do and the stuff you talk bout....

my truck is a 2000 with the 4.7 quad cab with about 195,000 miles on it and i have never had a problem with it at all....but i miss my manual trans...

the camaro im tradeing for is a 2002
LS1 v8
rebuilt 6speed with a shift kit
new aftermarket speakers
SLP stage 1 intake and exhaust
and new brakes

but the rear end is blown and the car isnt driveable now so i haven gotten the chance to drive it yet

he want to do a trade for my truck and he wants about 600 bucks along with the deal........he even has a line on a rear end to put in the car but thats on my expence later......ill try to get a picture of it later.....let me know what you guys think

Old 02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Overdrive Member

sure as long as you get the rear end in, doesnt sound too bad

Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 PM
4th Gear Member

vehicle history report? If you give me the vin I can get you one. Always have it checked out by a mechanic you trust.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 PM
4th Gear Member

You can get a stock 10 bolt rear used for around $300, at least in my area. Lots of f body guys are putting in 12 bolts and 9 inches so the stockers can be had cheap.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
4th Gear Member

He sent me the vin and i did a history report for him. It came back with a collison report saying it had run into a building "disabling" the vehicle, which Im guessing means it was bad enough to cause it to not run, but not bad enough for the insurance company to consider it "totalled". Its really up to him now. If he wants a project this sounds like the perfect car, but blowing up rear ends and crashing into buildings doesnt sound like the previous owner took great care of it lol.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 PM
2nd Gear member

How can a Maunal 6spd tranny have a shift kit or im i missing something.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spartan66
He sent me the vin and i did a history report for him. It came back with a collison report saying it had run into a building "disabling" the vehicle, which Im guessing means it was bad enough to cause it to not run, but not bad enough for the insurance company to consider it "totalled". Its really up to him now. If he wants a project this sounds like the perfect car, but blowing up rear ends and crashing into buildings doesnt sound like the previous owner took great care of it lol.
or it could be as simple as a couple flat tires. Disabled only means the car cannot be moved under its own power. I would still be very cautious with car though.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Spartan66
wow...never would have thougt....ig im not buying it now..

Originally Posted by 73camaroSS
How can a Maunal 6spd tranny have a shift kit or im i missing something.
he had the valve body adjusted and some better valves addes...i really didnt catch it all...

Originally Posted by JD1969
or it could be as simple as a couple flat tires. Disabled only means the car cannot be moved under its own power. I would still be very cautious with car though.
true that

my cousin and i went to over look the car really good b4 the final run was taken t buy it..and this is what we found...

good:
108,967 miles on engine body
functional ram air
SLP stage 1 intake
SLP exhaust
25th anny rims
rebuilt 6 speed
new brake pads and rotors in rear
black tail covers
very good t-tops

bad:
bald tires
blown rear
about 3-5 dents in the body in assorted areas
cracks in the front rotors
broken front turn signals housings
torn driver seat
shifter boot is gone
stock headunit is very worn but still loud and works good
broken of lug nut on passenger front
its missing about 5 lug nuts
engien could be cleaned up quite a bit
windshield is cracked pretty good on the passenger side
....thats all i can think of now.....ill add to the list when i find out more

Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 AM
4th Gear Member

sounds like a pile of junk to me.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:29 AM
4th Gear Member

When i first started looking for a camaro i wanted a 2nd gen. The first one i looked at was a 78 for 4000 with 100k. When I got there saw it/drove it I realized it only had 100k for a reason... it never really got driven. rims had rust on em.. interior was worse than the owner described.. list goes on after i drove it too... however in the pictures/description and from what the owner told me it sounded like it was in decent shape.. ya gotta be careful, believe me lol.

Quick Reply: im lookin into buying this camaro...what do u guys think?