Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Y-PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Y-PIPE

If it says it connects to the stock setup then yes, it will bolt right up. I would still suggest saving for a good set of long tube headers and a new Y pipe to fit those, you'll get more torque. If you just want loud you can always consider getting a cutout, that's the quickest way to loud.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

whats the difference between a regularY pipe and an off road Y pipe besides that the off road is cheaper in price?

Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Overdrive Member

Off road Y pipe does not have cats, so if you need to pass emissions it's not going to get the job done.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

so is there an advantage or disadvantage to either as far as sound, HP, and tourqe?

Old 03-15-2008, 02:08 PM

ohh alright. on the cut-outs...what exactly does that contain..as far as what does it do...where does it go...and stuff like that?

Old 03-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Overdrive Member

Tman, I answered your question in the new thread you made.

texas: As far as the cutouts go you have multiple choices. You can go for 2 cutouts before the Y pipe joins together. This will bypass the cat and get you some HP and lots of noise. You can also put one somewhere in the cat-back system, this really won't get you too much HP, especially if you have an aftermarket cat-back already, but it will get you a good amount of noise. That being said, you have your choice in cut-outs. You can go for a normal cutout, which you have to physically get under the car and unscrew wing nuts to open the cut-out, or you can get an electronic cut-out which you can open with a switch from inside the car. The electronic cut-out is more convienent in the long run, but they cost quite a bit more for the actual part and you have to install and wire a switch.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:49 AM

alright thanks man.
im only 16...so i dont have too much money right now lol.
but ill look into that more, i like the electronic one, it sounds tighter expecially since theirs a switch inside, haha thats b/a
but yea man thanks.
and i want to do the one before the cats or sumthin...what u said that has the best results for both of the things im looking for.
=]]

Old 03-18-2008, 01:06 PM

hey bro so with apacesetter long tube headers and off road mid how much do u think it will do to my car as far as hp/trq and loudness

Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Overdrive Member

If your car is anything like mine, it's not going to get too much louder, it will just get a little more aggressive sounding and a bit louder when you really open up the throttle. As far as HP, you can assume that with a full header and Y pipe setup that you'll probably net somewhere between 20-35 HP, I haven't seen any specific dyno results, but those are the accepted values. Obviously you're going to get a little more power and a little more torque out of a higher quality header such as Kooks over the Pacesetters, but that really depends on how big your wallet is.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 AM

hah alright. thanks bro!
and btw ur car is sicckkkk lookin. i love it hah.
dood i need to gget some pictures of mine on here.
=]] its an 02' SS and its a sunset orange color. hah.
thanks for ur help man

Quick Reply: Y-PIPE