Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Need help understanding CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Need help understanding CAI

Hey guys. I have a question about CAIs and hoods. I have a 97 Z28 and am planning on switching to an SS hood. If I get a CAI intake how does a ram air hood affect that? I guess what I'm asking is, is there two different set ups? This is a functioning hood not just for looks. Help me please.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Overdrive Member

Well the Ram Air Hoods are really just for looks.Its not really functional unless you get the Ram Air box or the ss box.Ram air actually doesnt take effect unless youre going near 100 mph.You wont see much of a difference between a cai and a ram air intake.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Cold air for an LT1 fits in the same place under the hood as the stock air tubes, but has better flowing air tubes, with a larger filter. The filter is located in the front of the driver side lower fender.

Last edited by 1995CamaroZ28; 03-15-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for the info. One more ?, if I buy a Ram air box... does that look majorly diffent under the hood?

Old 03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Overdrive Member

it makes it look a little different, i mean the intake is different

Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Ninja Administrator

Unfortunatley.... we lost some good tech in there but it was so intertwined in the crap it all had to go.

Paz. Some of the things you have said are well.... just wrong. other things you have said may be right.... but nobody will ever know because of the way you insist on writing. This is a tech forum. Its purpose is to help our members to gain technical knowledge. Your posts, regardless of their intent, do not accomplish this purpose and therefore we, the staff, will assume that any posts you make in a similar manner are off topic. By that reasoning any further posts with the foul language, the obstinance, or the downright confusion (i mentioned earlier... I like to hope that you are a quadruplegic whose translator is on the fritz.... because im not sure how someone with your linguistic prowess found the on switch to your computational device.....) will be promptly removed. You HAVE been warned once privately. This is a public warning and an invitation to other members to report other such nonsensical posting as being a waste to our community.

If you have any problems with this we can easily give you a time out and see how youre feeling once you come back.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
Unfortunatley.... we lost some good tech in there but it was so intertwined in the crap it all had to go.
SpecterSaid: "Its purpose is to help our members to gain technical knowledge." No chit sir lock me out why dontchew. Look, the purpose was to make one think. That was so intertwined with the abstract is it loops closed loop.

Do you understand that I was banned from MustangModders because no one called them on a resistor that does nothing to alter the computer? They do not know how to read the book and for me to make one comprehend, it sure is not the factory service manual's fault.
Did you see me try to make one comprehend the one gulp of the otto-cycle? There is only one answer. Same basic answer as Ohm's Law. Yes, many laws but all are basic closed looped. There are 3 basic variables and say they are fuel spark and compression.

You removed any part of exactly watt any gain of knowledge might have opened as far as one grasping a concept. That is why I have to be so cryptic. Did you ever read a factory code page? Is that not cryptic if I showed a priest to read my bible of codes of ethics?

Tell me you were not entertained and caught some tech on the way is it all makes sense is you just do not get it and it is not my problem you an the rabbi have to sit down with that FSM is a bible of codes and they run to a conclusion is I am not confusing one reading one of their books is I did not say who's book is you need to figure out the obvious and place you in some interment camp is you are out of line with the freedom of speech and the tech I present.

I am off to another website that tolerates azz and chit like dat. Azz you were, gentlemen. YOu do not need me is I sure do not need you is just that trophy password and we are out of here.

Your choice because you can water board me I am going to use any stinking word I want to present my text. You should have nailed this if you knew your 4-stroke and alpha signal(s). WE would not be in this situation if we were on the same page. TEll me how to read the FSM and Ohm'simple law.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Overdrive Member

Are you asking me to derive Ohm's law from it's fundamental components?...because I'll be glad to oblige if you don't know the whole derivation, it's really quite elegant.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 AM
Ninja Administrator

1. if you continue to swear you will be banned. Any continuance of such language will be viewed as a public abandonment of your account.

2. you DID make people think. but auto tech isnt philosophy. and they thought "this guy is a retard". you are downright wrong with much of your tech.

3. are u foreign? why do you type like you are trying to subliminally mix a backstreet boys album into your text?

4. lets hope these points are moot because you have decided to just move along to the next forum that wont want you either..... ohms law..... I am a chemist and slvr is an engineer... and you want to try to mince words with some 3 variable bullcrap with us...... The only thing that is exceeding your ignorance is your arrogance.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Watch me play your game. You correct my tech is I wanna see this.

Quick Reply: Need help understanding CAI