Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

MMM...SEAFOAM!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:43 AM
2nd Gear member
Default MMM...SEAFOAM!

I bought 2 cans of seafoam from Carquest last night for like 6.29 a piece... Anyways I followed the tutorial from LS1tech.com link follows
F-body Seafoam Tutorial
and it worked perfectly. My car has 189,000 miles (Not sure if these are actual miles title says odometer discrepency)and runs like a champ. I don't think this car has 189,000 miles on it though because for one it doesnt run like it has that many miles. after i seafoamed it, there was a steady stream of smoke for about 2 mins then alot less. Basically I filled up my gas tank last night and put in a bottle of seafoam... This morning i got in it and I could feel the demise of the carbon... faster revs, smoother idle etc. so i decided to buy another bottle to put into the brake booster line (as recommended) I disconnected the hose which was suprisingly not hard at all and proceed to slowly pour in half a bottle of seafoam slowly into the engine. im glad that the dude from LS1tech.com went into detail on what to expect because basically you create a huge vaccuum leak so your engine idles at 2500 -3000 rpms as you pour in the seafoam the exhaust chugs out smoke like a locomotive i would have probably been like WTF is wrong with my car-**** dude! haha. When you finish pouring the seafoam in and go to shut off the car it is obvious why you must take the key out of the ignition.. The seafoam wont allow the engine to totally die haha. My experience was good with seafoam. Just dont overdue it. 10,000-20,000 miles is perfect. Plus what other product is lets you take your car out and give it a reasonable amount of hell https://camaroforums.com/micons/m9.gif. out on the highway/ back country roads it left behind a cloud of blue smoke that would have had Al gore promoting a ban against seafoam lol.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: MMM...SEAFOAM!

That's pretty much our fuel injection system cleaning at work. We charge $60 lol and seafoam works better.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:22 PM

Another thing to try is the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner.

I've used it for about 10 years now with great results.

The first time I tried it was on a car with 170K on the clock. Was pulling the head anyway, so I ran MCCC through it. Upon pulling the head I found so little carbon that I was amazed.

I've used it ever since.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:42 PM
2nd Gear member

Where do i get Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner? and how much does it cost

Old 12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
3rd Gear Member

Dealership! It's around $25

Old 12-29-2006, 02:44 AM
2nd Gear member

i can't believe i never saw that write-up before, i'll probably do this next weekend or so

Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Are you only supposed to use that with the 91+ octane or are you able to just use regular with a V6....i dont expect there to be much of anything in the engine, it just sounds like a good thing to do to clean it

Old 01-09-2007, 02:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

You can run it with straight up gas that you use every day.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear member

i dont know if it was the seafoam but i gained a tenth in the 1/4

Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I did the seafoam today, and besides being a bit disappointed with the amount of smoke that came out, Im very satisfied with the results.. The difference isnt mindblowing, but it is there and it is noticable.

Quick Reply: MMM...SEAFOAM!