Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

full exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default full exhaust

what all do i need for a full exhaust system and about how much will it run for 00 z28? I am leaning towards slp brand.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: full exhaust

you will want to do Long tube headers unless you cannot for emissions reasons (pretty much just cali). SLP makes some but they are too expensive. get pacesetters, and a TSP ypipe. really u wont gain much more paying for one of the "twice as much" set of headers. my pacesetters fit awesome. after also having done mustang headers I was in utter shock at how easy the pacesetters went in. technically kooks and hooker are better headers, but eh, these worked just great for me.

so headers and a ypipe (the ypipe has very little R&D into it, its just a tube, so dont break the bank here, the only important thing is making sure if u need a cat still, that u get a good one)

the catback is pretty much ur choice, if u said u want SLP look up some catbacks on youtube to see which one u want. but it will be loud as crap, just warning u

Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah im pretty sure i need the cat still.. im in Michigan so hmmm how loud will it be, too loud to where i get pulled over all the time

Old 02-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Ninja Administrator

the SLP exhaust is called loudmouth for a reason. I have borla on mine, and i got on it while leaving my buddy's house and he said he could still hear me going on the highway which is between a quarter and half mile away. only do SLP if u want LOUD!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

o wow nice! i just want it to sound nice real nice and most my friends have said get the loudmouth.. maybe il get slp loudmouth II i heard that is pose to be a lil quieter then the loudmouth.. and what is a good cat you would recommend?

Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Overdrive Member

If you want really good high flow cats go for Random Technology, Magnaflow high flow cats come in for a second place.

If you don't have the budget for a set of really good headers such as Kooks, I would suggest going with Dynatech. I've heard that the LS1 pacesetter headers fit better than the LT1(which apparently don't fit well at all), but the Dynatech are going to be a tuned header whereas the pacesetter are not, so you get more low end torque and they're made out of ceramic coated stainless steel.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:58 AM
3rd Gear Member

those Loudmouth exhausts are just like their name. kind of like those people that are "loudmouths" and never shut up so it gets annoying. you most likely will get hassled by the cops with either one of them. those exhausts also have very bad interior drone

your exhaust should compliment the music your engine makes, not completely drown it out as those two systems will

Old 02-25-2008, 04:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok so wut cat back systems would you guys recommend something that sounds nice but not too pricey

Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Ninja Administrator

magnaflow is probably what u want. I prefer about anything over flowmaster. they are cheap and sound mean for the price, but everything else beats them in terms of tone, lower drone, and flow. i have borla, but my catback is right at 1k.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
4th Gear Member

i kinda wanna hear a Corsa on a F-bod.. that's what the vette has and it's sick nasty.

/end thread hijack

IMO, from what ive heard on youtube and in person, Magnaflow seems to be best, especially for the price. also, you could put CATs on, but add a cutout?

Quick Reply: full exhaust