General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

POS

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Default POS

Well i always wanted a camaro and after joining the air force and watching everyone with their fancy cars i figured it was time for me to go get mine. Well i found a 2000 camaro v6 with t-tops and after talking to the dealer i got a good deal on it. And now im starting to regret it. Well i was driving back to base from home (3 hour ride) and i stopped to put the t-tops on, well i got back in the car and the service engine soon light was on. I know camaros are known for it so i didnt pay any mind to it. Well a few red lights later it started shifting really hard in 2nd (automatic). Did it a few times hard enough to make me hole body jerk. So i thought great my tranny is gonna go out. Well i stopped at autozone and got a diagnostics test. They gave me a P1870. Something transmission related. Well the options were check fluid (fluids good) vehicle had recently towed heavy something something (its a camaro who tows nething with a camaro, so that aint it) and last but not least transmission failed (obviously the right choice). Well luckily i bought the warranty for the car and i called the tranny shop and the guy said its probably just a line with built up pressure or something and it not even in all gears and tommorrow he will hook it up and check it. Now does that make sense? Like why would it all of a sudden start shifting really hard into second. And it only does it every now and then. After a few times it stopped. Then it didnt do it for a day or two and today it did it once or twice again. Idk. And finally my last question. Any ideas as to why when i go around a turn it sounds like its rubbing or something. Idk how to explain it but everytime i go around a turn especially wit the brakes it make this weird *** noise. Im not a car guy at all so ne help would be appreciated. Srry this is so long just giving my quick story

Old 08-20-2007, 05:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: POS

Dude get a brake job!!!

Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 PM
2nd Gear member

[&:] id agree with megzz28 your brakes and or bearings need to be looked at as i would suspect one or the other is the source of your noise. ( hard to believe a factory dealer would allow a car to go out like this) as for the trans take to a factory repair shop for diagnosis or a very reputable trans shop as it doesnt sound like its going completely bad but may need a component replaced before it causes more damage

Old 09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member

yeaa get a BJ!........ (Brake Job)

whats a brake job?

changing the pads and shoes?

Old 09-01-2007, 09:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

change the pads and shoes? Sorry dude, no shoes on a 00 Camaro.
ORIGINAL: Iceman1023d

yeaa get a BJ!........ (Brake Job)

whats a brake job?

changing the pads and shoes?

Old 09-01-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ohh yea.... i didnt see that part...

Old 09-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Overdrive Member

The car is a POS because of your ignorance. Nice way of thinking.
The 1870 is a component slip and it freezes shift adapts. It may be a bad shift solenoid.A shop with a scanner can check data and tell exactly what it is. Tranny shops don't always have scanners.
And WTF is it with "NE". Can't spell any? Is that extra letter to many to type out?