General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Not Quite a Camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Not Quite a Camaro...

Alright, I understand this isn't quite a Camaro problem, but the vehicle is still by Chevrolet. Hopefully someone will have some useful insight into these problems.

My dad's 1995 S-10 Blazer recently had its engine rebuilt and now it's leaking oil. It appears to be coming from the seal between the rear transmission and the engine. Is it possible to drop the transmission to repair this instead of having to remove the engine like was previously done?

The second problem started about two years ago. He was driving his truck turning right around a corner when the ball-joint broke (which isn't uncommon at all in Blazers) and the wheel tipped inward. Ever since then, when put into four-wheel drive, the truck whines as you accelerate as if it's in 4wheel Lo. When you press the button to switch back to 2 wheel drive, it doesn't want to disengage. The only way to get it to disengage is to put it into neutral, shift to reverse, back up a little bit, switch back to neutral, and then back into drive.

Any ideas on either of these problems or where I can find the answer would be awesome. Thanks