General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Default New Exhaust???

Alright guys, I have a '95 3.4L
I want to get dual exhaust (it'll make me feel better about having a v6, lol).
I know it won't sound likea V8, and I probably won't be getting any real HP gain out of it, so it's mainly just for sound. Whatdo youguys think my best bet would be?
...besides getting a v8 [>:]

Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: New Exhaust???

get an audio tape of a v8 and play it really loud with ur windows down?

no... [8D]

are you looking for true dual, full exhaust,or like a z28 takeoff? if you just want a dual catback go with flowmasters or something.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:39 PM

I want a full setup, I've seen some nice deals from Magnaflow.
I've heard the best about Flowmaster, Magnaflow and SLP, I've never heard SLP on a v6 though, so I dunno.
anybody know firsthand about which is the best way to go?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Ninja Administrator

if you want full exhaust, ive heard that pacesetter is about the only company to make headers for the older 6's, but i could be wrong (but not a bad company to go with either way). If its mostly sound you are after you probably want to go true duals then. Dont go SLP, i would think the 6 wouldnt get deep enough to make proper use of them, but again I could be wrong (dont attack me here 6er guys! just trying to be helpful )

magnas are good, but they are often expensive. Im running borla's but they are also expensive. Flows sound good and are fairly priced.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 PM

yeah, I've heard best about Flowmaster and Magnaflow.
I've heard them on v6 Stangs and some other cars, but not a Camaro... I just wanna see which some other people prefer and have liked, I probably won't be doing it for a month or so.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear member

[X(] do they smog test in your area?? not a lot of room under the car for duals and be hidden(red neck and cherry bombs) even a large single with the right mufflers can have a gooood rumble just poke duals out the back.. try just unbolting the muffler in back and see what that sounds like, the stock muffler dampens it quite a bit and leaves a good rumble without it kurt

Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 PM

i would go with a borla catback system sounds very very nice.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:36 PM
4th Gear Member

well look at the newbie!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

spec you have borla that must have been expensive right? how much was your horse power gain?
my question is kind of on the same topic so i wanted to save space on the forums. i have dual exhaust i dont know what true dual is but i was wondering if it was possible for me to change out the muffiler easy? and put ina magnaflow

Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Ninja Administrator

the borla is really expensive. luckily i didnt put it on, the previous owner did. he also did a 2.5" ypipe so gains were probably around 10 hp

Quick Reply: New Exhaust???