General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LF an LS3

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Talking LF an LS3

From what ive been reading i think the engine for my 73 should be an LS3. Im very open to any of the LS Camaro, Vette combinations but i was looking for any advice or wisdom from anyone or someone who has done the conversion. I just recently deployed to Afghanistan so i have a year to do my home work. Through the search tab, I have found many links to articles and threads of, what parts are needed and the process. Im looking for information or opinions more-less on anything to do with this swap. Would buying a tank with the fuel pump i need be better than trying to clean my stock tank and fabricating the correct pump? Is there any reason i should want an Ls2 or ls6 over the newest gen 3 chevy smallblock? There is a nice vette back home with 450 rwh naturally aspirated LS2. Thats around the hp i want for my daily driver mustang killer. Also any advice on finding a good LS3 would be nice. Ive checked ebay and there is nothing local on craigslist. i need the engine/ wiring harness and preferably tranny. Thanks for the advice and criticism

Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Sorry i meant to add to the hp talk. I would prefer to go naturally asperated, i like the idea of not having to go with forced air. But the more i read and reasearch it seems like thats what most people are doing to the new camaros. Just buying one, taking it home, strapping on a supercharger and wamo, 500 horse. Edelbrock has a nice expensive supercharger for the ls3 that is sposed to be for daily drivers and make big power. forgot the name maybe i can find a link. AH yes the E-force http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...gers/corvette/ im just looking for some wisdom/ education haha