General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Land rovers

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:36 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default Land rovers

Anyone experianced in working on the GEMS mill? I am having some issues with mine. Its a 96 discovery, I just replaced the head gaskets and now its being stupid.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Land rovers

land rovers are prone to problems my uncle in thailand had a old discovery that was constantly in the shop.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

This one has been in my shop (garage) since I got it. it was cheap so I jumped on it, I still havent thrown enough money at it to make it not worth the price, but I am getting close and would rather just get it fixed.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:34 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Origionaly in the off topic section, I moved this and added an actual question in an effort to find an answer.
I just replaced the headgasket (there was numerous reasons for this, if needed I will state all the problems it did have), now I have an acceleration issue. I started it up and it ran fine, I took it for a spin, ran fine for a sec then it died. Walked home in the freezing upstate NY winter and got a jump. Got it home and it died, kind of wound down sort of. As if its loosing fuel. Filter is new ( just had tune up) so I am thinking it could be the pump. Could also be the battery, ecm, pressure regulator, etc... ideas?

oh yeah, its a 1996 land rover discovery. 186k. I just got it so I have no idea how well taken care of it was, I can tell you there was tons of gunk under the valve cover. I have not done a compression test or a fuel pressure test.