General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Default help!!

hey every body!! i am in need of some massive help with my 1997 v6 chevy camaro! I have just bought this car three months ago and it is dead! So, here is the story... What happened was while I would be driving it , it would randomly start shutting off... it didn't matter if I was coming to a stop or if I was driving at any speed down any road, there is no warning either, it will just shut down as if it were stalling. So the first thought was the fuel pump, my boyfriend took it to work ( he is a mechanic) and he changed the fuel filiter and checked the pressure of the fuel pump , he also cleaned the injectors and changed the oil. That did not fix the problem so the next step was the coil packs, we replaced all three of those and that also did not fix the problem. Then a check engine light came on, I took it to a service center where they told me my number five injector needed replaced along with the itnition module, so then we replace both of those and we replaced the plugs and wires and checked to make sure all the coil packs were working properly and the problem still wasn't fixed!! Therefore we once again used the drb for the check engine light and it gave us a bunch of tests to run, so we did that and it pointed us into the pcm direction. So, I took it in to the Chevy dealer where they replaced the pcm and programed it and as they were pulling it out of the shop it shut off again and they had to push it into a parking spot. From there I asked them to diagnose the problem and when they called me a week later they said I had a missfire and was losing fuel pressure so it might be the fuel pump however they did not check the pressure of the fuel pump nor did they finish the diagnoses, so if anybody can help me diagnose the problem with this car please email me!! I have put at least one thousand dollars into this car and my bank account is getting pretty thin! Thanks!!

email: teach89@ptd.net

Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: help!!

Crank position sensor or wiring acting up, maybe.