General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

heistation95z28

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 06:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default heistation95z28

hi my 95 z28 will stumble or heistatewhen the engine heats up to normal operating temp. now it only stumbles after my car hits the last gear. i have an auto transmission. after i hit the last gear an let the car coast. if i try to give it some gas it stumbles the rpm gage needle is between the 1000 and 2000rpm when it does this. now if it floor it runs fine. on even coasting at any speed above 50mph the car i runs fine. now i am trying to figure out what the world is going on with my car. also the check engine like is not on.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: heistation95z28

ok, let's try this again; but this time try reading the post before you post it. hesitates or stumbles? 1000-2000rpm is a huge range, try to narrow that down. last gear? I can only assume you mean top gear or overdrive. from what I can discern from this halfa$$ed, less than adequate, symptomatic hearsay troubleshooting session, try changing your plugs and fuel filter, run a bottle of injector cleaner through it (with the proper grade of fuel) and go from there. I'd be semi-surprised if this doesn't fix the problem. If that doesn't work, either let someone else drive it and troubleshoot it, or come up with better descriptions of the problems you're having.