General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

burnt out dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: burnt out dash lights

Ill try, apparently the high this weekend is supposed to approach the 40s!! I might take a peak at em before i replace em, just to be sure.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

Nah, his should have the 194s. Only tiny bulbs I believe are the LEDs for the warning lamps. Though the tiny ones are a pain.
Well the last thing I worked with was the 97 Astro cluster and it had no 194's at all. No LED's either Just a bunch of very small incandesent type light bulbs. Hopefully he keeps us informed as top what type of light he has in his 2000 Firebird
They must have done them different for both cars, as the two clusters ('97 both) I have had were/are as I described. I wasn't trying to discredit you, if that's what you thought.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

Nah, his should have the 194s. Only tiny bulbs I believe are the LEDs for the warning lamps. Though the tiny ones are a pain.
Well the last thing I worked with was the 97 Astro cluster and it had no 194's at all. No LED's either Just a bunch of very small incandesent type light bulbs. Hopefully he keeps us informed as top what type of light he has in his 2000 Firebird
They must have done them different for both cars, as the two clusters ('97 both) I have had were/are as I described. I wasn't trying to discredit you, if that's what you thought.
I did not think that. I know you were just being a butthead! And a job well done I might add. ................................................ .j/k

Old 01-23-2008, 11:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

While you guys work on the cluster lights, do any of you have experience with the lights in the radio?

Apparently, there are four vertical sections of lights down the buttons. I began losing them about a month ago with about 3 days between. The only lights on it now are the ones in the first section from the volume control down. And of course, the LED still shows.

This is for a '98 Camaro.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Im pretty sure thats inside the radio, I havent taken the headunit in this car out yet but I'll take a gander at mine tommorow to see if i can help, although mine is a Pontiac radio, and is rather different from the one in my Camaro...anyway is it premium sound or no? I think it should say monsoon or bose somewhere, something to that effect though.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: The Corvette Doctor

While you guys work on the cluster lights, do any of you have experience with the lights in the radio?

Apparently, there are four vertical sections of lights down the buttons. I began losing them about a month ago with about 3 days between. The only lights on it now are the ones in the first section from the volume control down. And of course, the LED still shows.

No experience with it, but I know of a link on replacing them...

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=63736

Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Overdrive Member

Those should be non servicable. Unless you want to do some electronics work. They are usaly soldered onto a board. Be aware if you heat the board up too much to desolder and resolder some new bulbs in you run a chance of damaging the board. The coper will lift off it.
Some lights in my brothers 05 Silverado went out. He is so damn fussy about his new (two years old now, sheesh!) truck he wont even put in an aftermarket head unit.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:33 AM
In the Staging Lanes

No experience with it, but I know of a link on replacing them...

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=63736

Thanks for the link. Great information there, and of course, it looks like a pain to do. I guess I'll save it for some time I have a lot of spare time.