General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

You know your cars too loud when

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:21 PM
Fancy Sparkle
Default RE: You know your cars too loud when

ya, consider this, the guy who pulled that time is a 4 time SCCA champ. his normal car (M3 CompetitionPackage) keeps up with Doc Maybee's Caterham that's on slicks. this guy ran a bone stock Honda Oddesy around the course faster than an STi one year

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:27 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm gonna go ahead and say that porsche has even tried to build cars to replace the 911's... they never have been able to. The porsche 911 will live on for a long long time! An Acura/Honda NSX is a beautiful Japanesebuilt car. There are few car that come from Japan or China that compete with the NSX. Lets face it... American doesn't have much that would compare to it. It's kind of in that class where they make it quick, not TO fast tho, handles a bit better then the lower class, but not as much style and class as a ferrari. It around the maserati spyder andporsche 911.

Anyway, nice on settin the alarm off. That has got to be funny to see.

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:35 PM
Fancy Sparkle

well originally in 1991 it was meant to be the poor mans Ferrari, which it did a wonderful job of, back in 1991. the NSX caused Porsche and Ferrari to step up their game and build great cars (993, 355) back in '91, the NSX would run dead even if not faster than a Ferrari 308 GTS and Porsche 911. but after that, they were constantly walked away from by the 911 and 355.

Old 05-28-2008 | 12:32 AM
|
1st Gear Member

Lol, I wonder what the guy thought when I left. I didn't rev or anything, my car just rumbles. AND I have sidepipes lol, pointed strait at the thing. Lol, my doors dont even lock and I dont worry about it. This guy puts on his alarm to go into McDonalds? Are alarms cool or somthing? beep beep I'm cool lol.

Old 05-28-2008 | 12:56 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 383 79

Lol, I wonder what the guy thought when I left. I didn't rev or anything, my car just rumbles. AND I have sidepipes lol, pointed strait at the thing. Lol, my doors dont even lock and I dont worry about it. This guy puts on his alarm to go into McDonalds? Are alarms cool or somthing? beep beep I'm cool lol.
Well seeing how my first truck didn't have an alarm, and it got stolen the very first day of school my 11th grade year, I lock/arm my alarm on my Yuke EVERY time I leave it anywhere outside my garage. [&:] The very first thing I did to it when I got it was put on a $300 alarm system.

Old 05-28-2008 | 01:14 AM
VIP member

here is the pic of the nsx i saw from my car

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:18 AM
|
1st Gear Member

Good point. I bought my car for $300, but I've done a bunch of modifications to it. But its still worth under 500 (To a racer that is) not including the engine. If I spent 60 grand on a car, I would probibly use an alarm.

Old 06-01-2008 | 11:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

its not so much that the ferrari and porsche where better its that japan regulated engine out put to 280hp untill recently.

Old 06-02-2008 | 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

before we go bashing the NSX lets not forget its the car that winston wolf (pulp fiction) drove.
and he was a bad mother fxcker.

btw i love setting off car alarms. if you can finda carparked on the street with an alarm. you can set it off then when the owner comes out and disarms it you can drive back by. there used to be a car down the street from my dads house that i could set off with a small rev.
id set it off once on the way there then again on the way back.lol i could hear it still going from his house then... chirp chirp....
ok time to drive by again.
lol

Old 06-02-2008 | 04:53 PM

if i had an alarm on my car, id put it on regardless of where im at. i dont trust other people.

Quick Reply: You know your cars too loud when