General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

running from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: running from the cops

haha...one time i was driving down a road...and passed an oncoming cop goin ~75 in a 50...kept on going, found the first sidestreet and went down it...

DON'T RECOMMEND IT...my friend did the same and they got him for avoiding/fleeing? or some bs

Old 02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I fail to see how the jail time is a better option than a ticket?

Old 02-19-2007, 07:32 PM
2nd Gear member

Of course now, at least around here, they carry that video camera that comes on automatically if the light bar is on, so they have a picture of your license plate.

As others can attest, running from the cops is something that gets you jail time. You really don't want to do that.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:43 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

You can run but you will just go to jail tired.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 PM

My brother and I were leaving work oneday. I was driving and we were in his Neon. Some of our buddys were in a 60something Mustang that had a built 351. We were all hauling *** down the road and I shut it down at 80mph (because if I get one more ticket I don't drive for a few years) but they kept going. My brothers like "Oh come on man get up there", but I just said "Naw knowing my luck there will be a cop up there". Sure as **** one popped the hill and turned around behind us and flew after them in the stang. Latter he said that he had clocked them doing 120mph. Lets just say....they got in a little trouble.
The funny thing is that the same driver (of the stang) and I had been doing 130mph on the same stretch of road in my Cadillac Seville a week before.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 AM

Anymore stories where you just got lucky and could exit the road or find a side street? Around here I know for sure it'd be possible, but I really doubt I'd ever do it. There's hills though so if you happen to be haulin over a hill and your radar detector goes off, ur screwed. Happened to me when I was 17. 78 in a 60 and the guy pulled me over the week before for a 35 in a 25 and the week before that because my parents car had a tail light out. That was weird. 3 times in 3 weeks and sure enough I got the ticket. Parents never found out! ha.... But I really think if i went WOT and went over a few more hills and went down a gravel road I'd be fine. Unfortunately I can't kill the lights once I exit the highway unless the car's off. I've heard back in the day kids would rig something up in their car so they could turn off their tailights. I think you could still do that today, but I wouldn't know the first thing to do.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I was doing 80 in a 55and saw an unmarked blazer coming my way,there was traffic and lots of turns so as soon as he passed me and put his brakes on I floored it.I thought I got away but he found me about 5 miles later.OUCH!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear member

**** i got lucky one day, doing 65 in a 40. cop was parked behind a tree on the other side of the road. But the traffic was so heavy on that side he couldn't get out. he turned his lights on, but nobody could see him going that way so they just kept driving.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

When I was 16, I got pulled over in my 86 Benz for street racing, doing 80 in a 55, and driving after 11 with a junior liscence.It was a PA state trooper. Let me off withjust a ticket for driving past 11 with a junior liscence.So sometimes if your lucky they will give you a break.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear member

I got pulled over for rolling someone during a hurricane.

Got a ticket for parking in the roadway..

Garbage garbage garbage.

And I only try to move if they are going the opposite direction of me, and by move I mean turn off on the next street and hope they don't follow.

Quick Reply: running from the cops