General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

Old 05-02-2015, 07:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The BMW Performance Center to Contest the 2015 One Lap Of America with New BMW X6 M

We asked Mike Renner to comment on the BMW April 28 One Lap of America press release.

“It is truly phenomenal. It goes fast and if it happens to rain, we would hope that it rains every day as it is all wheel drive and I am very comfortable with that kind of condition."

Read further comments by Mike Renner as he prepares to contest another One Lap of America for BMW:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackQ&A

If you like what you see, please consider liking us on Facebook. It helps build our audience of track day enthusiasts:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday/timeline

Old 05-13-2015, 08:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Palatov Motorsport: Cars Designed for Trackday Drivers

"What I wanted to do was create new solutions, break away from the tried and true. In racing there are very few opportunities to do that. Also, racing requires huge budgets relative to simply doing trackdays. But most importantly, I’m a trackday driver and not a racer. I wanted to design cars that I myself would want to own and drive."

Read the article here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackCars

Get your free trackday manuals and driver log here:

Downloads

Old 05-20-2015, 08:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

New Jersey Motorsports Park

"Nothing beats repetition and seat time. This is not a sport that requires “book learning” skills. This sport requires hours behind the wheel until your awareness becomes acute. Nobody stops learning in this sport.”

We interviewed COO and General Manager, Brad Scott, and Chief Instructor Pete Tremper of New Jersey Motorsports Park. Click here to read the article:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - YourTrack

If you like what you see share it with your colleagues on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday/timeline

Old 06-04-2015, 08:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Henry Gilbert: Race Team, Schools and Track Days

"Universal Pictures hired me in 2001 to be the driving instructor for the cast of 2 Fast 2 Furious which was filmed in Miami and that is when I opened up my driving school - Sports Car Driving Experience. I got to work with the entire cast and had a great time with all the actors, including the late Paul Walker."

Read our latest article and do not miss that track video of Henry lapping the field at Sebring in a Corvette. It is some crazy capable driving.

autotrackdaymonthly.com - YourTrack

If you like us do the same on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday?ref=hl

Old 04-17-2017, 04:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Greetings,

We just published a new, original article. Mike Skeen and Johan Schwartz are presenting a series of track-walk webinars called CircuitStudies. Skeen is a veteran of many professional race series including IMSA Weathertech and NASCAR Trucks. Scwhartz is the 2016 Pirelli World Challenge Champion and a BMW Performance Center instructor.

Skeen and Schwartz used Sebring's turn 17 to illustrate a typical CircuitStudies track walk:

“...you want to remember that this corner connects two lengthy straights and has a big bump in the center, so you want to compromise your mid-corner speed a bit in favor of high entry speed and a good exit....Focus on braking deep into the corner, minimize the coast on the way to the bridge, use the little dot on the bridge as a reference point for your placement as the car rotates, and try to pick up the throttle early at the exit."

Read more at:

trackdayzone.com - Driving Technique

Thanks and enjoy!
trackdayzone.com - Track Days Magazine, Resources & Merchandise

p.s. You may notice that we changed our name. More on that to come.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Reading The Car Through Your Hands And Feet

"If you ever find yourself pulsing on and off the brake pedal, work on making it one efficient motion: Make the first hit as hard as you can (without locking the tires) and smoothly taper off as you approach the turn-in."

"The goal in every corner is to get maximum exit speed by giving the car one nice throttle application as early as the car will take it"

Read more at:
trackdayzone.com - Driving Technique

Old 05-01-2017, 07:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The Race Driver Coach: Enzo Mucci

“Often in everyday life we cannot express ourselves, cannot fully let go and be on the edge. But track day driving is a discipline that allows this to happen, and it is very affordable.”

Read more:
trackdayzone.com - TrackQ&A

http://trackdayzone.com/

Old 05-09-2017, 04:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Making the Leap from Track Days to Racing: Racing Schools

Okay, so you have begun to think about transitioning from track days to racing. What do you do? How does it work? Well Chad Morehead took the leap and he shares his journey.

Read more:

trackdayzone.com - How To's

trackdayzone.com - Track Days Magazine, Resources & Merchandise

Old 05-17-2017, 09:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

2018 Camaro ZL1: The Most Track Capable Camaro Ever

The Camaro Z/28 was once described by Chevy as “the most track-capable Camaro ever.” Well, the new 2018 Camaro ZL1 has taken over that title. We directed our track day questions to Matt Scrase - Performance Variant Manager, Camaro.

"The owner’s manual supplement outlines what prep is needed for heavy track use. Specifically, suspension alignment and oil specs."

Read more:

trackdayzone.com - TrackCars

Old 05-26-2017, 04:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

New original article:

iLaps Transforms Your Smart Phone into an Intelligent Data Logger

"Measuring motor sport performance is a serious task and requires an accuracy that mobile phone sensor chips are incapable of."

Read more at:

trackdayzone.com - TrackCar Tech

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts