Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   General Racing/Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/general-racing-tech-88/)
-   -   Camaro vs Challenger Drag Day - Interested? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/general-racing-tech-88/camaro-vs-challenger-drag-day-interested-42589/)

6bblbird 09-04-2009 03:35 PM

Camaro vs Challenger Drag Day - Interested?

If I can get some good response from the Chevy community, I will be scheduling a R/T and SRT vs SS day at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.
This is expected to be a fun day on the 1/8th mile track with time trials and grudge runs featured. There will also be a drag racing "school" for the newbies.
The cars that will be racing that day will include SRT, R/T, and SE Dodges and Jeeps representing team Mopar with team G.M. being made up of 5th gen Camaros (6 and 8 cyl), SS trailblazers, and maybe some LS powered GTOs.
Interested? Lets hear from you!
WF

cbr600rx7 09-04-2009 10:00 PM

What about Olds, birds, Grand Am, ETC. And why a 1/8th mile track.

6bblbird 09-07-2009 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7 (Post 361200)
What about Olds, birds, Grand Am, ETC. And why a 1/8th mile track.

Why? Because then it just becomes a regular day and not something special.
Why an 1/8th mile track? Because its available that day at a facility that has an extremely busy schedule.
This is an opportunity for new Camaro and SS Trailblazer owners to have some fun without having to wait in the lanes for hours waiting for Olds, birds,Grand Am, and etc. to run! :icon_wink:
WF

microkid 09-07-2009 12:03 PM

sounds not fun, i wont be going

6bblbird 09-09-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by microkid (Post 361641)
sounds not fun, i wont be going

I guess that you can't please all of the people all of the time!
Maybe Classic Muscle vs Modern Muscle on Nov. 8 will be more to your liking.
WF

cbr600rx7 09-10-2009 06:52 AM

Why let GTO guys run then? And not many heavy muscle guys are going to want to run a 1/8 mile. If you wanted to plan a event like this you would want to do a GM vs Mopar 1/4 event. Renting a track for a day has a huge price tag and if you will need the numbers to help keep the price down. More people the lower the unit price.

6bblbird 09-10-2009 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7 (Post 362468)
Why let GTO guys run then? And not many heavy muscle guys are going to want to run a 1/8 mile. If you wanted to plan a event like this you would want to do a GM vs Mopar 1/4 event. Renting a track for a day has a huge price tag and if you will need the numbers to help keep the price down. More people the lower the unit price.

I'm not renting the track. I am the manager. I am proposing a fun event.
Are you familiar with Raceway Park? Have you seen our 1/4 mile schedule?
We have dozens of 1/4 mile events that cater to just about everyone and every type of car from February thru November. This is meant to be a special day for those that want to come out, enjoy their cars and not have to put up with the normal crowds. The 1/4 mile track is being used by imports that day.
This event is not necessarily for serious drag racers (they are welcome too) but for newbies and casual racers. Trophy awards only.
WF