Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/general-89/)
-   -   learnautobodyandpaint.com (https://camaroforums.com/forum/general-89/learnautobodyandpaint-com-62957/)

2000sscamaro 06-29-2011 01:18 AM

learnautobodyandpaint.com

So has any body heard or tried this out its a website that's says it can show u how to paint and do some auto body work I was thinking about getting it to learn how to paint a project car to save some money and have that handy skill what are ur opinions on it u think its legit or a skam. I have no other way of learning how to paint so this is basically my only option I think.

Gorn 07-02-2011 08:32 PM

Join Smart flix ( SmartFlix, the Web's Biggest How-To DVD Rental Store )
Rent the Paintucation series to start with, Kevin is a good teacher. Then maybe the Back yard bodywork series.

Do a little research on ripping movies and keep a copy,,, Opps did I say that out loud......

jamesg 12-21-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2000sscamaro (Post 548681)
So has any body heard or tried this out its a website that's says it can show u how to paint and do some auto body work I was thinking about getting it to learn how to paint a project car to save some money and have that handy skill what are ur opinions on it u think its legit or a skam. I have no other way of learning how to paint so this is basically my only option I think.

I am not sure what Gorn says because it basically "illegal content" what he says to do... Brun stolen goods. Not sure why the Admin doesn't say anything...

Why am I saying this? because I am actually a VIP Member of Tony's course and absolutely love it. I just bought a new toy last week and decided to join the Camaro forum and look at what I find.

I didn't expect to find this kind of scummy advice coming from a member. I was hoping that a forum like this would be different.

Anyway, I hope to interact with good people here!

Cheers

jamesg 12-21-2011 04:24 AM

hey man! did you join tony's course? I am a member and love it!

Cheers!

Camaro 69 12-21-2011 05:28 PM

Gorn, how dare you give such scummy advice. A thousand lashes to you!!! ;)
It's perfectly legal for me to copy a movie that I own, for "backup" purposes, for me to use should the original get ruined. What was suggested is walking a fine line, since he doesn't own the rented DVD, but he's already seen it. And we all know that making copies and distributing them to others is a no-no, which is the main reason for copyright infringement laws.
By the same token, I sure hope you don't record TV shows, then zip right through the commercials without watching them. If you do that, you're altering the intent of the broadcast, and contributing to the downfall of commercialized television (the networks rely on ads to pay the bills). Plus you're hurting the companies trying to sell their products by not buying from them, if you've never heard of them from the commercials. Ruin the future of my television? You've got some nerve!

Gorn 12-22-2011 07:52 AM

I should have reread my post what I ment was: rip Kevin’s Painutaction series. The back yard series is ok to watch but not worth recording.
My bad,sorry.

Gorn 12-22-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69 (Post 595577)
By the same token, I sure hope you don't record TV shows, then zip right through the commercials without watching them. If you do that, you're altering the intent of the broadcast, and contributing to the downfall of commercialized television (the networks rely on ads to pay the bills). Plus you're hurting the companies trying to sell their products by not buying from them, if you've never heard of them from the commercials. Ruin the future of my television? You've got some nerve!

Man I really am a scum bag cause I always fast forward my DVR. Man, all this time I thought I was a scum bag because of my 3 assault convictions (ya I have issues) and now it turns out I am a scum bag because of what I record on my TV, Who would of thought.