Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

the rock crusher

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Default the rock crusher

what do you think about the m-22 rock crusher.

and are these pictures of the specific gears.
http://www.chevellestuff.com/qd/imag...22_gearset.jpg

because i just brought a m-22 for 1200 for a project im building, ima put it on my 402 bb...and i just wanted some reviews.

also, what are some good brands or types of carburetors thats performance, that i can use on my 402

Old 12-25-2008, 03:39 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: the rock crusher

That link doesn't work so no picture.
The M22 is a great tranny,it's pretty much the same as the M21 but with straight cut gears for extra strength when you put the hammer down.
They do make a bit more noise than an M21 but I wouldn't worry about that.
You'll want a good clutch and a scatter shield as well as a driveline upgrade with some good u-joints.
Not sure how built you motor will be but a good rear end can also be in order so as not to be the weak link.
A 9" Ford would be nice but a GM 12 bolt with a good set of axles will do most of the time.
Traction bars and good shocks are needed too so it doesn't wheel hop and break something.
As for carbs,it's hard to beat a good old Holley double pumper unless you really spend some big money.
You could look at Barry Grant or Demon versions of the Holley design if you have lots to spend.
Pick up a Summit Racing catalog,they have a good selection,a 750 is as small as you want to go on a big block and maybe a lot bigger depending on your build.
http://www.summitracing.com/