Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

engine building!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007 | 01:25 PM
|
1st Gear Member
Default RE: engine building!!!!!!!!

yeah i like that opinion. but im not going to worry about sussp right now. most of the parts arnt that expensive other then the struts and springs. im just building the motor and doing bolt ons.the motor will be built with as much hp as possible.

Old 06-09-2007 | 02:18 PM
2nd Gear member

i would then go for a new cam, rods, roller rockers, and some nitrous and a better cooling system. There may be things like a fuel pump or aluminum radiator that may not add HP but it's going to help get the most power out of ur engine. But you should think bout suspension because then u won't be getting the power to the ground the best way you can! It sounds like ur having fun with this! Also think about new gears.

Old 06-09-2007 | 04:05 PM
|
1st Gear Member

oh yes im getting 3.73s. and its going to be N/A lol. and yeah im having fun with this. and yeah the susp will get done. but for now im going to build the motor. susp can come "one piece at a time" im going to build the motor now that if something comes up and i have to buy something to get it on the road ill have the money. i want a wild cam. i want it LOUD. i want it to vibrate my neighbors windows. hes got a new gto and i swear ive never heard a car sound this good this loud. he vibrates my house lol. its a auto i want to be able to beat him when im done. what about exhaust. what type of headers. im thinking straight pipes. i want it smooth and loud. my brother told me to make sure that the header tubes were identical on both sides and as straight as possible. and i dont know if im going to do cat back. what is better cat back or gutted. and i want the best y pipe. but i want it to sound the best. sound is everything to me. i want it fast wild and loud. and no matter if i do anythning to it or not i can sell it for more then what i bought it for. so if i ever sell it im good. the car has 170k miles and the motor has been rebuild once already. now its about to get built. im going to do minor things to the susp. new bushings all over. and some new front end parts cuz something is popping when i come to a stop in the front.

Old 06-09-2007 | 05:14 PM
Overdrive Member

dont get slp loudmouth if your going to get heads and a cam or it will be obnoxiously loud

Old 06-09-2007 | 08:39 PM
|
1st Gear Member

what about straight pipes????

Old 06-10-2007 | 12:25 AM
2nd Gear member

on these engines a gutted exhaust is never really good. They need back pressure. Go with a good full exhaust but put a cut out in there too. So then you can really make it rumble. I'm not sure on how to do that, maybe some of these other guys know more about it. I would say go muffler, but also have the cut out straight piped. It's always fun to be able to push a button and just UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Old 06-10-2007 | 12:27 AM
2nd Gear member

I also forgot, intake elbow and throtthle body!!! Keeps the air flowing ina hell of alot better for that big LOUD exhaust!

Old 06-11-2007 | 06:03 AM
|
1st Gear Member

kool. from the looks the engine will be pulled around wednesday or thursday. and im not too engine smart so how do i do straight pipes and muffler. this thread really isnt doing what i had hoped. i was hoping to get some info on parts. but the advise is appreciated for the 2 guys i think are helping.

Old 06-12-2007 | 04:26 PM
|
1st Gear Member

man. cant really get no help from this site. sorta depressed about this.

Old 06-12-2007 | 06:36 PM
3rd Gear Member

I can't get no sites for you to check out. Z28Pete seems to have a huge amount of knowledge about 4th Generations Camros. I would ask him. I'm sure he can help you better than I can but I can tell you this. Your looking for an 11 second car then start with your engine. Port and polish the heads or get a good set. Maybe AFR or a good name brand that will more than out flow your stock heads. Upgrade the cam but don't go too wild cause you still have to pass emissions. Build up your block to handle the beefed up high end. Start there first. Having a loud exhaust does nothing for your speed. Suspension is fine but wait until you've built up your engine. Start there and then work on your other things like the bolt on's and suspension. Just my opinion and don't worry the guys here won'tdo you wrong. You'll get alot of good information just be patient and good luck.

Quick Reply: engine building!!!!!!!!