Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

Beware Beck Racing Engines!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Default Beware Beck Racing Engines!!!!

Do you want to hear a few highlights of our dealings with BRE?

April 2007: We put down $25,000 towards a $53,000 polished and blown aluminum big block and transmission package. Delivery is promised in 8 weeks.

August 2007: Demands another $10,000 or he will stop the build on the engine.(Already 2 months late) We reluctantly sent the $10,000 with demands for a date of completion.(Which we never recieved)

October 2007: Flew down to Phoenix to witness the shakedown runs of the engine on the engine dyno. When we arrived, the engine was on the dyno minus plumbing, electrical and 10-71 blower. We were informed by Frank that the Blower Shop had delivered an unfinished blower. He stated that the "rotors would not spin freely". We were led to believe by Frank that another blower was being rushed in for the weekend. After waiting for 3 days, nothing ever showed up. We contacted the Blower Shop only to find out that Frank had never actually ordered up a supercharger for us at all. After finding this out and arriving home, we contacted Frank to let him know we would be meeting him while at SEMA to discuss our frustration.

SEMA: While walking the show, we find our serial numbered, documented and dyno presented engine sitting in the booth of Gear Drive Vendors INC.(They are good people and were not aware that the engine Frank lent them was a customers) We then tracked Frank down on his cell phone and then confronted him at the MSD booth. After catching him in multiple lies, we had uncovered the fact that the engine presented to us via email, photos, documentation and serial numbers was not our engine, and that we had been stolen from and defrauded after 7 months the sum of $35,000.

December 2007: We have aggressively pursued Frank Beck since SEMA only to be met with belligerent, threatening, victom-role behavior. We have further uncovered over 2 dozen arrests and convictions to include a felony theft in May 2007. We currently are building a SEMA going 69 Camaro. The client is very upset and progress has been very slow because of this issue. At this time, we are working with detectives in the Phoenix police department and the state attorney generals office to have Frank brought up on theft, fraud and felony charges.. To date, we are out our $35,000. We have purchased our transmission elsewhere and have now started the engine building process all over with a more reputable builder who we have done our homework on.

Please, do your homework and a background check as we have also uncovered over a dozen judgements pending against him, all for the sums of $30,000-$50,000. Don't end up in the same situation that we did.

Speedware Motorsports LLC

Old 12-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Beware Beck Racing Engines!!!!

****** bags [>:]

oh, not u, the beck dudes

Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 PM

Yeah it is unfortunate. I don't want anyone else to go through this.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:04 PM

We are not the only ones he has done this to.
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99974

Old 12-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Overdrive Member

Keep us updated on this. I hope everything works itself out.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Due to people like that is the exact reason i work on my own.Atleast if i build an engine i cant screw myself out of thousands.I hope you get your money out of him,Good luck.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

what a gongshow! get him for everything he is worth!!