Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Default 67 Camaro

I have a 67 camaro that i am going to be working on. I believe it is an SS, only because of all the emblems that are on it. Is there a way to tell if it really is? Here is pic of the engine. How can i tell which engine it is. I think a lot of the 67 SS had a 350 in them. What do i need to look for. And how hard is this going to be for me to get running (im sure i will have to replace a lot of parts?One more question, towards the right side of the picture, are those the header pipes? (probably a dumb question)

[IMG]local://upfiles/12661/6135C06806DC4532B77F5A3C68F7759A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2008, 05:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: 67 Camaro

It seems like you are going to have a lot of work ahead of you...To tell if the car is a true SS you need to run or vin number which is above your master cylinder in the pic. (its right on the firewall) As for the motor that is a little bit harder to find out. The block numbers will be located on the back of the motor on the driver's side. Make sure to get the block numbers not the numbers off the head. Most of the time the block numbers are hard to see and judging by your pic I would say they are going to be just that.
And for your last question yes those are headers not exhaust manifolds.
~I hope this info can point you in the right direction, good luck~

Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: 67 Camaro

You can also get eng #'s from the eng. pad in front of the pass side head. On yours it looks likeit would be to the rear and down from the alt. as a reference.
Sly