Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://camaroforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-20/)
-   -   What's a nice basic bass set-up for a '95Z28? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-20/whats-nice-basic-bass-set-up-95z28-11811/)

maxxiepad 03-09-2007 08:27 PM

What's a nice basic bass set-up for a '95Z28?

I plan on just getting a sub or two and an amp. I don't want anything crazy expensive or that's gonna blow my hatch off. Also want to get an aftermarket head unit. I would like some nice deep bass though if this is possible. The cheaper the better. I'm having a hard time finding a box that would work for the camaro. Suggestions, advice and the setups you guys are running would help. Also lead me to the places where I can get this stuff. I appreciate it.

thanks

z28pete 03-09-2007 10:11 PM

RE: What's a nice basic bass set-up for a '95Z28?

Some of the 94s came with the Bose system, that included an amplified woofer stuffed into a special enclosure, which was then stuffed next to the right left wheel well. The whole thing had a plastic cover which hid from view. It also had two separately amplified speakers in ech door.

maxxiepad 03-10-2007 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: z28pete

Some of the 94s came with the Bose system, that included an amplified woofer stuffed into a special enclosure, which was then stuffed next to the right left wheel well. The whole thing had a plastic cover which hid from view. It also had two separately amplified speakers in ech door.
ok...

Afrothunderr86 03-12-2007 11:40 AM

you dont really need much to make a camaro sound good because of the acoustics of the cabin space. i have a 94 with the factory delco bose speakers, kenwood head unit (installed by previous owner) a cheap 580 or 850 watt amp (i dont remember right now) 1 audioban 12 inch sub ant its in a wedge shaped box that takes up most of my trunk space. IT SOUNDS AWESOME. i dont even have my amp cranked up to the half way mark. i can chill and listen to music, and when i feel like showing off a little i can crank it up and set off car alarms. i can even crank it harder than those guys who ride around in caprices, impalas, and crown vic's. but the point is its not just loud, it really does sound good. i did all the work myself and ended up spending less than 180. everything is used. i would like to try 2 10 inch speakers but thats just more complication and my 12 is great. Go to craigslist.com. there is so much cheap good sound system stuff there its crazy. ill try to put some pix up leter.

Afrothunderr86 03-12-2007 04:45 PM

here are the pix of my setup. and my amp is only 450 watts!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3918/397EB33403074F3E8CEFBF01F1A113DA.jpg[/IMG]

maxxiepad 03-17-2007 11:52 PM

thanks alot afrothunder:)

Matt99camaro 03-19-2007 09:55 PM

Do you want to save as much space as possible in the hatch area or do you not care? If you usethe hatch area a lot you might want to go with a hideaway system, if your more concerned with good sound I'd go with a bigger box that fits down in the tub of the hatch. Have you visited any audio shops in your area? Any good shop should be able to build you a custom box for what subs you want to run.

Below is my setup. I'm sure it is a bit overkill for what you are wanting, but I had a shop build the box for me for $100, it has 1.5cu ft of airspace. My old setup was two Lightning Audio 15's and a 300wattmono amp. I hit a 147db with that set up, now I'm running two Memphis Reference 15's and a 600watt Rockford amp, haven't had it on a meter though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o/000_0566.jpg

badinfluenceRS 03-21-2007 02:06 PM

I have a system I would sell you, two 12" 1300 watt Sony Xplod Subs, 500 watt scosche Amp, custom enclosure (fills up the ttop storage area but still gives you half the upper trunk space...lmk

Hisss04Cobra 03-26-2007 02:55 AM

What's your budget?

Do you want sub(s), amp(s), headunit, comp kit?

Seight311 03-27-2007 02:25 PM

He doesn't care he's going to buy a Dual amp and an Audiobahn.

Theres 2 places I know of that sell Camaro T/A fit boxes. JL's stealth boxes (very expensive though, but they come with the woofers already in the enclosure) And Atrend enclosures. With the Atrend you can add the subwoofers you like as well as the amp.

Your 12" Audiobahn doesn't "hit". It is shiny and moves air. Much like an old chrome fan from the 60's.