Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://camaroforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-20/)
-   -   Squealing noise (https://camaroforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-20/squealing-noise-27462/)

dhill 04-24-2008 01:55 PM

Squealing noise

I have recently bought a 94 Z28, it already had an after market radio/cd player in it. When I cut the radio on there is a high pitch squeal that is coming from the speakers. It is a constant squeal...the only way to get it to go away is to cut the radio off. It is a newer style Pioneer radio. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

DeZ 04-24-2008 05:13 PM

RE: Squealing noise

is the squeal coming from all speakers? also what does the squeal sound like ( like a pully going bad ).

check all the wires and take out the speakers and test them one by one.

Skippysnax 04-24-2008 10:33 PM

is it a wining, its possibly alternator noise. which in most cases can be fixed by hooking up a ground loop isolator. which is just a fancy name for a filter. However if it is constant then it could be a defective cd player, or just random interference from another source.

good luck[:-]

dhill 04-25-2008 08:22 AM

Its a constant squeal that seems to be coming from the rear speakers. The radio works but the squeal is so ear piercing that you just don't want to even have it on.

kyleengert 06-01-2008 08:10 PM

you might want to check your ground wires for your speakers. im not saying that this is the problem. but i have heard of it doing that. bad ground wires can make speakers squeal. like i said..im not sure if thatll fix it so dont get mad at me if it doesnt haha. other than that i wouldnt be worried that the stereos the problem. alternator would be my next thing to check.

2kcamaro 06-02-2008 04:59 PM

it most likely is the a bad ground, does it get louder and more noticable as you give it more gas???

kyleengert 06-02-2008 11:17 PM

mine did the same thing. when i got on the gas it would get EXTREMELY loud. mine was a bad ground wire in the factory harness. so what i did was bought a new harness and just wired the whoolllle thing over. it took a long time but it sounds sooo good. no squeal and a clean sound. im not saying thats the problem. but thats what its sounding like to me

RFxCamaro 07-01-2008 06:52 AM

Yea this is common for camaros its hard to get a good ground on decks with camaros (3rd gens are the worst) you can get a filter or just get a better ground, you also dint tell us if you have an amp connected to them if so then where did you connect your power cable on your car, NEVER connect it to the alternator that is an amerature way of doing it, send me a pic if you do have an amp of where you hooked it up il tell you whats wrong, nd o i forgot to mention pioneer and and camaros have a bad history, well at least with me, except for a my p8mp premier every pioneer has been a problem

camaro76 09-23-2008 08:16 PM

they make a devise that plugs into your wiring system to stop noises like that