Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

new subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: new subwoofer

what kind of amp would you recommend. i was actually planning to sell the amp and sub i have. and get 2 new amps. i really really hate to mix and match things. the box i want is for 2 subs, i didnt want a lanzar and an ED sub. thats gay. and having 2 EDs, a lanzar amp and another different amp is just as gay. should i get an ED amp? or a different brand. Stupid OCD.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Mixing and matching amps to subs isn't a bad thing.
Dont have 2 different subwoofers.
Dont have different speakers.

Those are really the only rules as far as brands.

But if thats the case eD also makes excellent amplifiers. This nine.2x will work great http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/pro...products_id=47

Did you decide which subwoofer series you were going to go with?

Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

the Ov series looks like it will do the trick. i can deal with a different amp from subs, but not 2 different subs or different speakers. in my old car i tried so many different types of speakers and during transition i would have different speakers in the front than in the back. most recently before i sold it i had 2 kenwoods in the rear and to duals in the front. sounded horrible lol. but it played music at least. the kenwoods were fine. not perfect but way better than the duals. and for something cheap they were ok. i still have them but i can use em because they are 5 1/4. not that i would, so they will be sold sometime soon.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member

O series will work great. the v stands for Version, and in this case v2 stands for, you guess it Version 2. Just so you know!

10" or what? and your doing the nine.2x?

Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

yea, im doing 10 inches, my 10 hits as hard my friends set of 12s and hes got the whole mtx road thunder or waterver amp and subs. dunno the wattage. i think 300. but it sounds really good. has pioneers in the doors and a pioneer head, someone stole his entires system one day and insurance replace his aiwa head with a pioneer and his door speakers with pioneers, his old system sounded way better. his subs were mtx's performance subs. and they were awesome. we were sad when it was stolen. so this system that you picked out for me im sure will blow his out the water. its certainly more expensive, way more. he spent maybe 500 bucks on everything in his car. subs, box, amp and head completely skips 500 bucks. not to mention door speakers. anyway, im looking forward to getting it all. if that nine.2x will drive both subs without overheating or any of that and will support 2 ohms then great. but if not, then i need something else. i just want one amp for my subs, and i will get a nother amp later for my speakers.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't worry about your eD equipment being over worked, it's as tough as it gets.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

nice! thx. lol, got any good speakers in mind?

4x6 in the front
6x9 in the rear

Old 04-19-2007, 03:42 AM
2nd Gear member

Rear speakers are redundant.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member

how bout an actual helpful reply...

Old 04-19-2007, 05:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vampyrico

how bout an actual helpful reply...
Rear speakers truly are worthless in 99.99% of all aftermarket steros in cars.

Scrap the coaxial idea, and step up to some good components.

Look at it this way, it's less money you have to spend by not buying rear speakers, or better yet taking that money and investing it into a far better front stage.

Hmmm a $200 set of front speakers and a $200 set of rears or.... A $400 monster of a front stage!

Quick Reply: new subwoofer