Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

LED's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Default LED's?

So, I've almost got my system complete and I'm at the point where I was going to put LED's with the system, but I'm second guessing it not. I've made a floating pannel for the sub box and planned on having the LED's mounted to the bottom of that inbetween it and the sub box (which is white formica) for a backlit blue display. I've also got the same kind of setup for the amp rack, but I'm at the point where I need to decide and I can't. The lights are all hidden so just the lights will show, butI just don't want it to appear to corny and ricer. Like I've seen some camaro with neon underbody kit's and it's just a disgrace. So whould I just wrap the panel or install the lights?

Old 01-18-2008, 03:49 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: LED's?

LEDs as in.. underglow only in your car? sounds a wee bit ricerish to me... like fast and the furious how they all had the interior of their car lit to match their paint..

Old 01-18-2008, 08:10 AM
2nd Gear member

Who cares if it looks "ricer". Do what you like and you think looks good.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM

They wouldn't be the same color as my car, since my cars white I'd go with blue led's. Either way I go the system will look the same when finished since the lights would be hidden, the only difference would be when I turn them on. If, when I'm finshed, I think they do look to ricer, I just won't turn them on and all i lost was the time of the install.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I say go for it. I think it will look pretty cool. When you go to show your system at night, it will be a cool touch to light everything up.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 PM
4th Gear Member

I guess you could pull it off if they werent on all the time and they didnt like puslate with the music. I still think underglow and all that crap is like something you find in animport/ricer.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:16 PM

Well Ijust finished the pannel and it came outperfect. I"ve ran arelay into my console so I can turn it on and off. And I don't have it pulsing to the music, I'd feel to techo with it like that.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Let's see some pictures of the finished product! I was thinking of doing the same with mine

Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 PM

I've been busy the whole weekend so I'll have toget some up tomorrow. All of my friends that I've shown it to liked it, and the bass just carries. I also spent about 6 hours dynamating the car from the rear seats back so it doesn't rattle. There's just a fewlowbass notes that flex the lower rear bumper panel enough so it rattles just a little. All in all, im happy with the system.