Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

How much for a decent audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default How much for a decent audio

How much could I get a good audio system installed in my car for?

Old 03-02-2006, 11:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: How much for a decent audio

That all depends on what kind of sound you're lookin for. Are you wanting something for good sound quality? if so I suggest simply switching out your factory speakers for a decent set of aftermarkets. But if you're like me and wanting to blow away the competition, go big or go home. Get a nice setup with a custom built box,amp(s),subs,etc. I have a custom box hand built to fit my entire trunk space 600w amp with 2-12"subs ported with aftermarket 6X9's replaced my door speakers and added some high-end tweeters to my kick panels and I am hitting pretty hard. Just all in what you want dude...good luck!!

Old 03-02-2006, 11:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

sorry i didn't exactly answer your question. I would say for just a good quality sound your talkin around a couple hundred if you get good speakers and have them installed very easy to install though might have to make room for your 6x9's as i did. As for a complete sound system( amp, head unit, subs, highs, mids, tweeters, etc.) sky's the limit. I spent somewhere around $1,000 but I built my own box. It all depends on what brand you go with.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well for subs and amp i got a visonik 800 watt packege cost like 140$ it come wit amp wireand all the hook ups ..i got a small JVC 200$. sony 4x6.40$ for front pioneer 6x9.80$ and it soundgood to me . and thats only 460$

Old 01-02-2007, 12:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Audio installation is relatively simple, as long as you can splice a wire, use some common sense, and have minimal mechanical skills, you can do it (in most cases), so, buying some good component speakers (your factory speakers I believe will be 6.5s if you've got a 4th gen, not positive on that one...I know all 4 of my stock speakerswere 6.5s)...zigiboom.com, sounddomain.com, crutchfield.com are some decent sites with some headunits and speakers, I personally like Kicker, they're a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for speaker wise, as far as headunits, Clarion (extremely good...there's a brand new one for $80-100 on crutchfield), Kenwood, Pioneer (not the ones from Wal-Mart, the higher-end ones), JVC and Alpine are good choices, as far as subwoofers, as I said before, I personally like Kicker, but I've heard nothing negative about Infinity. Hope this helps .

Old 01-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Jon
In the Staging Lanes

i have a sony head unit cost about $150, 4 infinity 5x7s very clear and loud and have a decent bass to them $100 a pair, also have 2 15' mtx subs with 2 insignia amps, the amps are cheap but the only thing that can power the sub's and they have built in fans witch alot of amps dont and thats pretty good for a cheap amp,i tryed other amps but nothing compared to these insignia amps. i got the 15's and box for $80 witch was taking a chance cuz i got them at a swap meet. i got one amp that came with 2 12's with it for $150 so i got 2 of those kits witch im selling 2 of the 12's and a box. if you go to a place like best buy its $80 a pair for speakers installed witch isway to much, it takes like 10 min's a speakerso i did it myself no problems.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes

if you havent done anything to it yet......i got a 'powered sub' put in mine not too long ago; its the sub and amp all in the same package from Audiobahn for $160; i got a "slightly used but certified" one so it was discounted 20 bucks but it sounds great; 10 in. sub and idr how much the amp is....like 120 or something like that so its in no way impressive but i dont like music THAT loud and its got more umph than i needed; its pretty big and takes up most of the t-top compartment but its wired so that i can put it up behind the seats and under the hatch whenever i take the tops off and store them in the rear

Old 01-08-2007, 12:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

All right Mickey Shorr charges $40 per speaker installed and $60 to run the wiring to your amp and $65 to install a head unit. IF you buy their over priced products there, they will throw install in for a dolla more.

Inifinities are extremely clear speakers. But they are also expensive.
Sony's ratings for their products are very questionable.
I like Alpine, Pioneer, and Clarion head units.
Dual's and Sonys will get you by.

I buy all my equpiment from http://www.Millionbuy.com

I personally have 2 JL audio subs 12" and the JL box sitting in the back of my truck with a 1000 watt blitz amp and a 1 farad cap. I'm using 4 guage wiring oxygen free dual shieled wires. I have 2 JVC 6.5" speakers in the doors and 2 JVC 4X6" in the rear of the cab. I learned my lesson because I purchased a Dual Radio that is a P.O.S.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Jon
In the Staging Lanes

you shouldent have to rewire the speakers unless there really bad, if you dont then its very easy to do it your self, some cars have plugs others need to be soldered, as for the amp wiring aslo very easy just run from battery through the firewall and under anything that can hide it, its labeled on the amp so its hard to screw it up just make sure you get a good ground. also for the sub wiring its also very easy you just run a wire from amp to sub not very hard, try doing it youself and if it dosent work then you go to somone to help you, pluse all the wires are already run.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Hell I'll sell ya all my audio stuff. The tranny went out in my Monte Carlo so I took all the audio stuff outta there and it's just sittin downstairs. I was gonna put it in my Camaro but......sounds like too much work lol. I have a Pioneer 6600 CD player, Pioneer 6x9 speakers, Pioneer5x7 speakers, a Sony 600?? watt amp and two 12" DUB subwoofers. PM me if ya want it. I'd sell it all for $300.

Quick Reply: How much for a decent audio