Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Check out this setup, amp and subs 4 sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Check out this setup, amp and subs 4 sale

ORIGINAL: CRanMaro99

That Volf' amp probably puts out 120 watts, not 1200, lol.
I love how you just eye-ball and make an uneducated guess instead of getting into the nitty gritty forumlas to figure out true RMS. That's why people like you over pay for stereo equipment.

TRIPSxZ28 --- I appreciate your benefit of a doubt. I really do. I know the stereo I had made the thump. I can't be sure cause your pictures a little bit fuzzy, but those look like Kicker CompVR 12's. I had two of them running off a fosgate 1000 bd amp. This was the first generation of bd, when fosgate didn't over rate their amps, and they sent you birth certificates to prove it. So each of my Kickers was getting 500-550 watts a peice. I sold my stuff, thinkin I was going to stay out of it...but the stereo pulled me back in, and I decided to shop around for a few months until I could generate the cash flow to buy new equipment, which is why I took the time to make sure the amp./sub pair was good. I'm happy to say the set up I ended up buying, (the volfenhag and fosgate combo) was very comparable to the kicker sub and fosgate amp that I had. I just like this system better for two reasons, 1) my set-up cost alot less and 2) the volfenhag amp comes with a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
3rd Gear Member

TRIPS...I have to say I love your car..

Old 11-08-2007, 10:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Chap. I going to post new picks of the car so you can really see her shine.
I'll get some new pics of the system up for you Bump, but yes you are correct with you assumption.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: bumpnbrd2005

ORIGINAL: CRanMaro99

That Volf' amp probably puts out 120 watts, not 1200, lol.
I love how you just eye-ball and make an uneducated guess instead of getting into the nitty gritty forumlas to figure out true RMS. That's why people like you over pay for stereo equipment.
I love how you also make uneducated guesses. You have no idea on what my background is, and how home/car audio happens to be by main hobby and interest, and I do, in fact, know what I am talking about. And I also do not over-pay for stereo equipment, I would totally suggest otherwise.

I'd like to see someone go into any car audio store given twice the money I spent on my stereo and have a system on par with mine. It sounds egotistical but I'm trying to get the point across that we are smart buyers and get more than what we pay for after all these years on where to look, where most people don't even know of the independent audio companies/products out there.

I was just stating that the 1200 watt stated was a over estimate. 120 watts is an under, I was jsut getting a point through. I'm all for people selling their stuff, but when false details are given they must be corrected for the buyer.

The price he wants is fine, but just make one thing for certain, your statement right there puts you at "my level" of you want to think of it that way. No eye-balling lol.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
April 2008 ROTM

Also, Volfenhag is not that not well-known. And that amp has not won any notable awards. That company is on the verge of Pyramid, Pyle, Bose, etc.

HOWEVER, your price is a good one, and I'm saying for the price, it's good. However you're making it seem like it's way more than what it's worth.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member

What kind of system do you have CRan. I hear you talkin all the time about systems, but I have never seen yours. So my question: What's under your hatch??????

Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 AM

Well i thought id put in my two cents. I have 2 fosgate p2 12in subs powered by a 1000 watt fosgate power series amp. It hits pretty well, but could always be louder. And why the hell are we all arguing over the loudest system. You guys well probly never be close enough to even hear or see one anothers system in real life.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 AM
In the Staging Lanes

"I'd like to see someone go into any car audio store given twice the money I spent on my stereo and have a system on par with mine. It sounds egotistical but I'm trying to get the point across that we are smart buyers and get more than what we pay for after all these years on where to look, where most people don't even know of the independent audio companies/products out there.

I was just stating that the 1200 watt stated was a over estimate. 120 watts is an under, I was jsut getting a point through. I'm all for people selling their stuff, but when false details are given they must be corrected for the buyer." --CRanMaro99

I'm sorry I made the assumption that you over pay. I was just making an observation based on your estimate. I'm a third year electrical engineering major, and I also share your passion for home and car audio. As for the false details, the amp is advertised at 1200 watts, and I did mention how much the amp was capable of producing in clean power. As for myself making the uneducated guess, this is the source of our argument. Because mine was a very educated estimation, and you eyeballed. Here is a website that will help you figure efficiancy of amplifiers http://sound.westhost.com/efficiency.htm#pwr_loss, it's fairly educational. Basically if you want to find the clean power output, you figure the efficiency, you take into account all areas that power may be lost in conversion. Then you take your current draw, IE 100 Amps, and you times that by your voltage IE 11-14, then you take that number, and you times that bythe percent efficiencyof the amp, and you come out with an estimate of potential clean power, taking into account allparasitic losses.

As for the volfenhag not being a major company that has won awards, that's laughable considering how many people love it's parent company. It's not common knowledge but if you dig around, you'll discover that volfenhag is actually a subsidiary company of MB Quartz. Although the volfenhag is not on the same level as MB Quartz, it is like quality, just a budget version. The fact that you put volfenhag into the same catagory with pyle and pyramid and the like, shows that simply because it's not well known, you assume the quality is crappy.

Hey TripsZ28, you gotta get some pictures up soon. I love the way the back of your hatch looks man. Did you update your system, or are you still sporting that one around? Just out of curiosity, does that year Camaro have a well on either side of your sub box big enough to put an extra battery?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
April 2008 ROTM

It's all good man, and good luck on selling. It'll sell. Let's let it slide under that table now, there was no need for argumentative statements and attitudes here. That is the problem with the internet, you can't hear the tone of the persons voice.

Anyways, TRIPS, When I finish my install I'll make a thread about it here. I'm awaiting my Fi Car Audio SSd's to come in the mail. I talked to Scott (the owner who used to work for RE Audio before they went mainstream like JL) and custom ordered the copper VC model, so it should sound very decent. BTW I like how you installed the amp rack, looks very clean.

I don't think arguing over the net about who is louder is smart either. First off, I could care less if one is louder than me, that is not important to me, and if it was, a Camaro would not be my vehicle of choice to do so haha.

I just installed the PG Elites comps up front that are made by Morel Isreal (with three inch voice coils on the midranges, the same size as on my subs! :O.) I'm sending 358 watts rms to the speakers on each side, so about 700 watts rms to my front comp speakers. I've never had anything scream as loud as this before. I dig it.

A review should be up in little over a week when I get it done.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the same system. The new pics will be more clear and at a better angle.
Yes there is enough room in the back to store a battery.
Can't wait for your thread CRan.

Quick Reply: Check out this setup, amp and subs 4 sale