Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Check out this setup, amp and subs 4 sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Check out this setup, amp and subs 4 sale

I have two Fosgate Stage 2 subs, and a 1200 watt 4 channel Volfenhag amp. This set-up thumps, but it's almost summertime again, and as much as I love the thump, I love having a place to put my t-tops when I have them off. I'm trying to sell the subs, and amp for $220. The amp pushes 400 watts clean, which means each sub gets it's RMS, and it sounds beautifully. There is one catch, one of the subs has been cracked (Mt. Dew cans bounce really high when they hit subs), between the two, they still sound amazing though. and I wish I could let you hear before you buy, cause I know that you wouldn't be disappointed. They are an awesome match, especially since the subs require .75 cubic feet of airspace, that's next to nothing, which is good, cause camaros have next to no trunk space. lol. Anyway, if your interested, just reply to this post. Thanks
Dan

[IMG]local://upfiles/6041/2406728E1FFE4785AD5F0A09CB06706D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-19-2007, 04:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Check out this setup, amp and subs 4 sale

any pics of the crack? what's your location?

Old 02-19-2007, 05:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The crack has been sealed with crazy glue. You know the stuff that instantly bonds skin together. haha, it's been cracked for four months, and once I lined the cone back up, and sealed it again, I haven't had a moments trouble with it. I'm in Utah.

Dan

[IMG]local://upfiles/6041/8E535165B9144C17ADFA4AEDD1EAB4CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-24-2007, 04:41 PM

still for sale? im interested. shipping to 28223?

Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Surprised to see that something other than somply being used that your cone cracked. Those things are as brittle as an eggshell. That amp will never see 1200 watts unless you throw it into a bath tub, during a thunderstorm, while an solar eclipse is occuring. Ro maybe even less often than that. If your selling 2 subs and an amp for $200. It's obvious what kind of performance you'll get. If anyone is interested I can name 3 amp sub combos that will be just as if not cheaper, and put out superior sound quailty, and yes "thump harder" or as we call it in the educated audio world. SPL. Not to knock your post here "bumpin bird" isn't there a For Sale Forum already on this website?

Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Actually, I would like to know those combos for a number of reasons. First off, I never said the amp would hit 1200 watts. But using proper mathmatical forumlas, you figure the efficiancy is 40 percent. Now using that 40 percent efficiancy rating, you can figure out how much draw you have, and figure out how many clean watts you are actually producing. In this case, the formulas show a 400 watt amp. Now in my world, thump is much more than simply SPL. Bandpass boxes will produce a high SPL with absolutly **** poor sound quality. But I guess if your aim is simply SPL in the "educated audio world" then the 3 amp sub combos you have would probably work wonders. But making a good system is much more than SPL, it's sound quality, elminating distortion and engine noises, as well as a high SPL. The reason I was selling the equipment cheap, was cause I wanted to get rid of it, because I had other priorities. As for you thinking you know a fair bit, you obviously know nothing. Those amps are volfenhag, which isn't even an American Brand, but because you'd never heard of them, you judged them as worthless. Well, that company, with it's amp design has won three world class engineering awards because of the revolutionary design of the amp. Translation, not only does is sound good, and push a decent amount of power (400 clean watts) they can produce it for cheaper, which means more watts per $

Old 11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
1st Gear Member

I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to audio equipment.
Now $200 dollars seems really cheap, get what I'm saying. I seen them same amps at one of
them flea market electronic blow out sales. About 90% of the **** at them sales are just that ****.
Maybe you need to hear a real system before you say your's thumps.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 AM
April 2008 ROTM

That Volf' amp probably puts out 120 watts, not 1200, lol.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:45 AM
3rd Gear Member

Since when did this become a site where we all dump on everybodys post?

Old 11-07-2007, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member

True, he didn't ask for any negative feed back.
He's just trying to sell his system.
$200 dollars may not be a bad deal.

Quick Reply: Check out this setup, amp and subs 4 sale