2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with my recently ordered 2011 SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Default Issue with my recently ordered 2011 SS

When I ordered my 2011 Camaro SS, I selected a few exta dealer installed options. One of them was Option 01 listed in the Camaro dealer book. It was titled "Body color engine covers with performance intake". Since I chose Summit white with orange rally stripes I asked the dealer to intervene on the engine covers and get orange ones instead of white. The car arrived and prior to me seeing it, the dealer had installed the orange engine covers. After I arrived home and was looking the car over, I realized the "performance intake" was not installed. I contacted my dealer and they are now balking on the intake telling me the wording in the brochure on Option 01 was misleading. This is not over yet, but does anyone out there have any experience with this option. The performance intake shown in the picture in the brochure appears to be chrome or stainless steel. Even though I ordered option 01, my intake is black plastic. I will go to the dealer soom to discuss this in person and any help anyone could provide may give me the cannon fodder I need. Thanks---Mike in NC

Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

nj this fellow posted this yesterday and has not gotten a response. i bounced it over here, can you help him?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM

Hi Mike- Any chance you could share the VIN?

I'll see if there's anyway to help.

- Friends from Within

Old 03-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Droid

Has the dealer been paid already?

Old 12-31-2011, 09:32 AM

So whats the news?

Old 12-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

This thread is almost one year old, and the one-time poster hasn't been back on this site for over 9 months. I don't think an update is coming.
As a side note, make sure you get things spelled out and put in writing before you plunk down good money for a car.
That Option 1 - "Body color engine covers with performance intake" can be read two totally different ways:
1) It includes a body color engine cover and performance intake, or
2) It includes a body color engine cover if you also get the performance intake.
It depends on how they meant to use the word "with". The wording didn't say "and", which is probably why there's an issue with what he got.