93-02 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

wreck

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:15 AM
4th Gear Member
Default wreck

wreck

Attached Thumbnails wreck-gedc0476.jpg  

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-08-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:43 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

that sucks. good luck with that ins company, haven't heard much good about progresve

Old 06-11-2015, 03:16 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
thanks craby ,I got so far as far as getting ahead for the parts ,parts geek an ricks camaro ,they both carry action crash after market parts ,the more you buy the less the shipping parts geek is $410 for the hood the fender the headlight holder front bumper cover with ident under fender cover turn signel,i found I brand new set of fog lights for 27,00 each ,shipped for that price ,the rest are a few small parts ,the honeycomb about 75.00 for a used one ,yes I got alot of things going on now ,so 2800.00 out of my pocket is alot ,though I think I can get It done in a few months ,most important is no one hurt ,an its all fixable ,there is another peace on the inside all the headlights are fine ,I think for about $1100 I can but the parts then have my friend help me put them on + paint ,then paint the whole car next year ,will see ,an no mechcanical damage,i need to get the apprasiel ,insurance in place ,yes there on there way out progressive I told them they spend to much on the flo crap advertizeing ,I have gone up one side down the other being as nice as possible with them ,an I am sure I can find a 2 car cheaper rate now to,an your not the first person to say they heard bad things about them,with wrecks we know to that paint an labor cost the most I got $900,00 paint 1200,00 labor ,$700.00 parts acording to them .I took off 7 hours for prepping used parts $near $300.00 ,that I don't know where they came from ,I think it can be done for closer to 2500.00
what part of NH?

Old 06-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You did get a formal quote from a shop? That is the amount the kid should pay. I had a similar situation except since no one was hurt the police did not right a report. The girl told her insurance company that I tried to pass he in the median since there was not report they refused to pay. I only had liability.

Where she hit me there was no median only a wall. She was out of State driver and I did not have the time to track her down.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:59 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The fact he was driving without insurance should get him in trouble. You can loose your license just for that here in PA. An unsatisfied civil award will greatly effect his credit. No one will loan him money on anything because you could try to take it. In PA that is ten years and nothing gets rid of it.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:53 AM
4th Gear Member

update finaly getting my day in court they found the guy who hit me ,so looking to start getting paid ,I got one donor car same plum color I am thinking about if I can get it for 500.00 to $700.00,i know one thing the cars getting fixed hell or high water ,found he lives at another address ,looking to possible lien on home we are up to $3200.00 whats another $25.00 for that motion at turbo court ,got a purple or plum one 235 miles away NJ ,then got many around 2 hours away nothing close ? anyone try those painted parts places the 1 hood fender the outer bumper inner fender bumper reinforsment, an the head light panel the 5 main parts I need 4 being painted shipped to me for $1000.00 ,its a thought couse its 900.00 for paint alone at a body shop ,I am thinking I will take all the bad parts off the car then have the local body shop install these an fix it for about $2000.00 ,my day in court is march 24th ,I got all the lights new fogs new clear turn signals PaintedAutomotiveParts.com seems like a good deal 145.00 to ship all those parts included in price they just need my paint codes from glove box an a few pictures of the car they verify over the phone an with picture to make sure you get the right color . takes about 2 weeks to get them hear carefully packed

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-14-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:55 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

If he is moving around with a judgment against him I doubt he owns a house you could put a lien on. I dated a girl a long time ago that went through all this stuff and the only one that got paid was her lawyer by her. He had no income so they could not garnish anything. Lawyer kept telling her one day he will need to get this off his record. He OD'ed 3 years later. She never saw a dime.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:52 PM
4th Gear Member

gee thanks for the pos input gorn I know those were the old days so far out of pocket has been 175.00 no attorney needed for turbo court I heard the nighmare story wear a judge said cant get blood from a rock . his life in a mess for 20 years ,the judgement has been made an the one thing that helps me is these days they don't mess around with cant get blood from rock thing ,I know it used to be that way . ,not exactly sure how it works ,but he will go to jail in lew of the amount not paid ,don't have to pay attorneys all small claims done right on computer to ,if he cant pay then he will go to jail sooner or later actually ? was about he painted parts ,an most of the storys I hear about no one getting money are at least 10 years or older ,there are a lot of new laws in place ,not sure if the county actually pays him $50.00 per day in this state or not ,but he wont see a driver licence until its paid an it fallows him for 20 years still even if he paid tomorrow ,but what I realy want to see couse he said he would pay me via insurance ,his insurance he wont have an when he does it will be cost a lot to get ,then the time in jail I don't mind to say ,I relize I may only get 25.00 a week till its paid ,for me its the point of what took place ,an not even a sorry from this kid ,he just knew his life would be screwed for a long time ,that's justice enough for me ,an while that never happened to me ,I did the crime an did the time too,an the amount he owes me the fees to .so though I know I am paying out of my pocket ,an have switched insurance companys an doing everything online now ,so I will have proof of coverage next time,i gave him an out $2500.00 I would pay the rest ,he did not take it ,I know the place he lives may not be worth much but its just another 25.00 fee to make that motion,so thses some justice ,like said I know I am paying to get it fixed ,once there is an amount set if he does not pay then warrant for arrest goes out ,so nice this is nice I can find out if an when there is a warrant I can ask the sheriff to go get him ,an each time he does not pay a new warrant can be put out ,so it does put him in a place wear he makes his own bed,i would like it if he had his driver licence so he can get to work ,we don't have a cindarela licence hear ,so if I can make his life a mess I don't mind couse after all he was at fault ,had it been the other way I guess I would have had to pay him as to live the way he is going to have to unless he moves a long way away ,even then theres ways ,he is about 27 healthy young man ,so he will have to do something of the many things I mentioned ,for me first time I ever had to do this ,I had law suits I could have taken action on with employers in the past ,but I did not take them to court ,this one I felt like I had know other choise but to make him pay one way or the other ,like said I gave him an out he did not take it now pays in many ways even if its not the cash in a lump some wich is what I will request because near a year has gone bye ,I got my ducks in a row for my court date I got on paper from the insurance where he says he will pay me ,but will see ,no matter what I am fixing my car soon enough,oh an he is already in contempt ,so if he trys to cry he cant pay ,it still fallows him for a long time ,the next move would be warrant for no payment,one thing is sad are the sue happy people that do it for nothing ,one thing that did **** me off was couple people worried about a law suit concerning my red car inspection ,I had to say I am not suit happy guy just looking for a bit of justice in one form or another ,I don't like to even tell people I had to but you do what you have to do an I don't feel one bit bad ,that's cars my babey.but most people say I am doing the right thing so that's al that matters along with getting the car fixed finaly Atually I drove it for most of the year 2015,but with the hole in the bumper it will fail state inspection ,I could probley tape the crap out of it an slide through though couse mechanicaly its fine

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-08-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

^ I can't read all that, my monitor is starting to run outta ink! All I can say is....

Old 02-17-2016, 10:37 AM
4th Gear Member

you guys don't change much I read it many times ,right from day one ,this is serious situation to me ,don't got nothing good to say don't say it pleace,an whats ussally about this forum,sometimes I wonder why I post hear, i thought I made I few friends hear but still the same ball busters I guess if there is anything to say at all it brings me down,i thought, I had not post hear for long times at this post ,that couse I got some help I would give back hear at the forum ? how many people actuall give back after being helped most are gone after they get there help I have tried ,I got to say I see why some come hear then never come back,its like not other forum ,that the only time some responds is to bust your chops ,that fine any other time but when it come to my car ,its not right ,you guys don't think I have not already heard all that before,an it couse you did not want to take the time to read it ,I relize long posts can be a bit long .but when its you mabey you will understand a bit more

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-17-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: wreck