93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

What to do next...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default What to do next...

So I have this fun but not cheap thing where I put one new mod of my car of choice, now my camaro every month, new month comes along bills paid..BAM! new something. Cars only been in my possesion one month, and I have Magnaflow cat-back. Now my question is what should I do next, its all going to be there in the end. So in that sense what will I beable to feel the most, and make the car sound nicer. Mind you forced induction is the last thing on the list, build up the engine then force what ever I want. So between these which do you think I should do first?

-Headers
-Downpipe
-CAI
-Or anything else you can think of.

Thermostat and all that doenst count, its like 10 bucks, and no chip till exaust and intake are fully done. Other than that let me know
Thanks.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:11 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: What to do next...

headers... they will compliment the exhaust nicely, and a nice CAI

by the way, they sell headers for your car in a kit that comes with the y pipe,gaskets, ect.. (im assuming thats what you meant when you said down pipe)

down pipes are used on usually a FWD car that has the motor in sideways the headers are towards the front of the car and it has to go down and under the motor to the other set of headers Y into one and then out to the cat.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Cold air is always good... nice ride too man, how much?(if u dont mine my asking)

Old 11-18-2006, 05:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok thanks, most people were telling me to go with the headers anyway, but I need to switch it out, looking under the car today I notcied everything is all crimped to hell, it makes me sad.

And how much for it, well Im gonna get a lot of F*** You's, I paid 4 grand cash. 29900 miles, garage kept, first time it has ever been in the snow or rain is when I picked it up 3 weeks ago or so. everything is in perfect condition exept the oil was do for a change in july of 2005 so thats what I spent my morning doing.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:02 AM
2nd Gear member

I love the ground effects + spoiler... is that an RS or are those aftermarket?

Old 11-22-2006, 03:05 AM
3rd Gear Member

Camshaft will also make a big difference. Hydrolic roller cam with new springs heads and rockers. That will really boost hp. You can also get more power outta a larger throttle body. You can make it a stroker motor, port and polish, valve grind, nitrous, under drive pullies, and then you'll need larger injectors and a tune. Upgrade your ignition to MSD with Iridium plugs and MSD coils.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Some of those things you listed I have had trouble finding for this car. Like the throttle body, I havnt been able to find one for my car. I can for the Ls1's easy, but not the 3800II is there a good site to find things like that?

And yes thats the RS package. I get compliments on it all the time I think its kidna funny people with camaros point out what they like about it the best, but Im not big on ground effects unless they make the car look better but not change it that you struggle to identify it.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:51 PM
2nd Gear member

[quote]ORIGINAL: sooperdewd

ok thanks, most people were telling me to go with the headers anyway, but I need to switch it out, looking under the car today I notcied everything is all crimped to hell, it makes me sad.

And how much for it, well Im gonna get a lot of F*** You's, I paid 4 grand cash.

F**** YOU. jk man.. nice car.. really nice car..