93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default What to do?

Okay, he swears he wasnt racing, but the fact remains the boy threw a rod in the 97, damn! So now Im not sure which direction to take, and Im hoping you guys will make up my mind for me. Start fresh with a new 3.8 short block, new LT, rebuild the trashed motor or what, any ideas will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.....................
He was racing, I just know he was racing

Old 11-14-2010, 09:14 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if your not doing the rebuild yourself then a short block is the way to go. cost wise the short block is going to be the same or less either way. you changing the motor would save some bucks. if the rod was going he would not have to be running the motor hard for it to go so maybe he was and maybe he wasnt. i would not recomend changing the size of the motor, cost and hassle is way to much.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Good advice, thanks, maybe this would be a good time for some mods.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
4th Gear Member

You say he was racing and hope he wasn't, but you wanna mod it for him? Lol...

You can get a low mileage short block at a junk yard and save a lot of change that way if you consider that. I did that with my car and it has never ran better.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, good point about the boy, maybe I should take the car back! It is real nice driving it. Anyway, great idea about local junkyards, I'll make some calls this week.
Thanks guys..

Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Auto Recycling Centers ='s JUNKYARD! I got my motor from a "junkyard" here in Hawaii for 150.00. I got the entire motor, suspension, transmission, crossmember, floor mats, and some plastic interior parts my car was missing. I have offically recycled! My motor had 85,000 miles on it and so far it runs pretty darn good. Just have to get a front end alignment.