93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

V6 models & differences

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Default V6 models & differences

I totally lost the thread I wanted to respond to. Anyway, I just went from a '09 Mustang GT (leather, heated seats, glass roof - the whole '9') to an LS - wanted to start from the ground up & I was never really 'comfortable' with a 'luxury' muscle car - every time I parked or turned the steering wheel, my mind was on those alum. wheels.
What I found (besides the few extras that other people mentioned with the L1 on up - wheel size, trim, etc.) was that; the housing for the fog lights (that aren't there) is going to make for 2 great air dams.
Also, Ford hit such a home run with the retro '05-'09 & was so far ahead of everybody else, that GM had to give away a lot of stuff that would normally be options - the 'Standards' on the 'bare bones" LS are really impressive.
Yeah, I miss the rumble & will have to do 'something' about that, but I ain't worried about those steel wheels & the HP is there.
Everybody have a good day,
blackirishblue

Old 05-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What? You know this is a Camaro site? And you are posting in the 4th gen 1993-2002 V6 area?

Old 05-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Must have been up late using too much mind altering stuff.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ok I have read that twice and still cant see what a new rustang has to do with a 4th gen Camaro.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Must have been up late using too much mind altering stuff.
Make sense that why he could not fine the post he was looking for, because it is the wrong site LOL. Chances are he will never respond cause he will never find this site again.

BTW anyone know when we will be able to buy T-Shirts? Have you guys cheacked out the Camaroforums Face book? All the Ride of the month pics are up.

And no I am not a pre-teen girl cause i am on face book! It is a great way to find old friends

I figured since this thread is completely useless I would Hijack it. HA

Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Gorn
BTW anyone know when we will be able to buy T-Shirts? Have you guys cheacked out the Camaroforums Face book? All the Ride of the month pics are up.

And no I am not a pre-teen girl cause i am on face book! It is a great way to find old friends

I figured since this thread is completely useless I would Hijack it. HA
You sure you're not a pre-teen girl? Lol. Just kidding. The voting for the shirts was suppose to end today, so I assume within a week or so (just a shot in the dark) they might start taking orders.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:17 PM

Sorry for the confusion - Point was; the 'bare bones' Camaro gave me MORE of what I wanted than the 'top end' Mustang did. I was responding to a guy looking for what Camaro model to start building from. I'm going with the LS. The reference to Ford was a comment on what started the 'factory wars' again - that's all.
Gotta say I loved the shots I took from you guys - tells me even if I'm on the wrong thread - I'm in the right place.
Thanks for responding

Old 05-16-2010, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Notice that you have this in the 4th Gen V6 forum, not the 5th Gen one.

The 4th Gens (93-02) never had an LS-level Camaro.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:11 AM
4th Gear Member

The 5th Gens don't have a LS model either... It's LT

Ford definitely didn't hit a homerun btw. The 05 models were a joke and remain to be so. They didn't really improve them much until 07/08. Sure they look nice and whatever... I don't buy a sports car because it's "pretty"

Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Could be he was reefering to the LS series engine....maybe?

Quick Reply: V6 models & differences